Bona Fides Association and Association Ostello dei Balocchi are looking for 1 female volunteer to join their European Solidarity Corps project in Ligonchio (Reggio Emilia), Italy. To apply please fill in the Application Form and send your Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter to the following emails: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com. Please, write in the title “EVS in Ligonchio, Italy”.
- Location: Ligonchio (Reggio Emilia), Italy
- Deadline: as SOON as possible
- Duration: 6 months
- Mobility period: June 2019 – November 2020
In Casalino di Ligonchio, the main goal of the “Ostello dei Balocchi” is to introduce and present the donkeys to the new generations. The donkey is an animal that for generations has collaborated with man guaranteeing its survival and development.
They organize visits for groups, schools, but also families and individuals, trekking and personalized excursions even for several days (with a stop in the shelters you find in the mountain or in the tent). The donkeys will help you to transport all the necessary equipment (tents, blankets, food, etc.) while the children will have the opportunity to try the thrill of riding these animals along the paths and the old mule tracks of the Apennines.
TASKS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE VOLUNTEER
– Assist in the preparation and implementation of didactic workshops for children (6-15 years): support in the facilitation, conduction of some workshops, support in the group management in accord with the attitude of the volunteers;
– Provide assistance during excursions with donkeys, trekking and summer camps: preparing the donkeys, assisting the children with tents, organizing educational activities for children;
– Provide assistance to the staff for daily activities: welcoming of the guests, cleaning of the hostel and the surrounding area, performing small maintenance works, supporting kitchen activities;
– Provide assistance in the care of donkeys: not only feeding and cleaning but in terms of creating a positive relationship with the animals;
– Support the implementation of Youth Exchanges hosted at Ostello dei Balocchi, in particular, logistic and workshops;
after the time of adaptation the volunteers will be encouraged to design and implement didactic workshops by themselves (ex. on art, environmental education, creative recycling etc…) to help the project;
Inclusion – equity
The ideal volunteer is:
– Available and interested to live in a isolated small village in the Tuscan-Emilian Appennines
– Past experiences in socio-educational context and in volunteer work are appreciated but also experiences in trekking is appreciated;
– Flexible because of the schedules / calendars are a bit challenging compared to the “normal”
Furthermore, they should have a strong motivation in working with children and be ready to follow the association’s code of conduct when working with them.
– Flexible because of the schedules/calendars are a bit challenging compared to the “normal”.
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD AND TRANSPORT ARRANGEMENTS
– Volunteers will live in a double room inside the Ostello dei Balocchi hostel with a private bathroom. In the hostel there is a fully equipped kitchen and a living room that you can freely use, the volunteers could be move in other room or house in case that the hostel will be full, for few days.
– A Pocket money of 5€/day will be provided.
– You will receive the food from the hosting organization, you can prepare it by yourself or eat together with the staff at the venue.
– The travel expenses will be reimbursed on the basis defined by the European Commission and will be done on receipt of the invoices/tickets and the original boarding passes/invoices.