Bona Fides Association and ARCS Culture Solidarity are looking for the 1 ITALIAN volunteer to join our EVS project in Katowice, Poland. The project was born in the aftermath of the earthquake that hit the Central part of Italy in 2016.
Interested candidates need to send an updated CV and a cover letter related to the project (both in English) to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Location: Katowice, Poland
Duration: 4 months
Mobility period: 1. October 2019 – February 2020
2. February 2020 – June 2020
Deadline: as the opportunity is urgent we approve applications on an on-going basis! Be the first to do not miss your chance!
In the summer 2016 a large area of central Italy was hit by a series of earthquakes. This led to a loss of lives, homes, economic resources, social infrastructure and damaged the rich historical and artistic heritage of the region.
The name of the project, Youthquake, puts together Youth and earthquake, the two main
elements involved: through the energies and competencies of young European volunteers it aims at contributing to the social, economic, physical reconstruction of the areas of central Italy affected by the earthquake.
The project involves associations, public and private entities of the regions Lazio, Umbria,
Marche and Abruzzo. In total 140 volunteers will be hosted in Italy – 60 long term and 80 short term – and 12 Italian volunteers will be sent to EU countries over a 3 years period.
The general goal of the project is to promote solidarity, volunteering and active citizenship by sending and hosting EVS participants in some of the affected areas in order to promote, sustain and activate the reconstruction of the socio-economic structure and the cultural heritage of the communities involved.
Specific objectives are:
– the quantitative and qualitative growth of accredited associations or bodies for the
sending/reception of volunteers of the European Voluntary Service.
– to spread, both in Italy and abroad, news and information about the current situation of areas affected by the earthquake; to inform and raise the awareness of institutions and citizens on the situation.
– to raise awareness in Italy and Europe about the culture of disaster risk prevention, in order to mitigate the impact of future natural disasters.
– to enhance the practical and professional competencies of EVS volunteers and the sense of solidarity, active citizenship and European identity.
– to build the personal and professional experience of youth from the areas affected by the
earthquake, offering them the possibility to spend some months in another European country.
– to spread information about Erasmus + programme, EVS and European Solidarity Corps.
– Preparation of presentations and workshops about the Earthquake in Italy in schools and youth centres
– Research of new local and regional partners to offer these workshops, personal initiatives to spread information about the earthquake (movie clubs, events, article writing, video creation or any other personal activity)
– Support our projects for foreign communities in Katowice and collaboration with our hosting volunteers.
– Support in EVS / ESC presentations
– Administrative support in the organisation
The accommodation is provided for each participant, who will share a flat with one or two more people.
They are located in Katowice, modern and developed multicultural city in the Silesian region, southern Poland, a lively city full of event and entertainment possibilities and even job opportunities, especially for foreigners.
The flats are well equipped will all the necessary for the kitchen, toilet and bedroom. Free Wi-Fi in the flats and in the office is available. All the expenses (gas, water, electricity) are covered by the RO. All the flats are close and well-connected to the city centre, and the volunteers will have a monthly ticket to be used to reach the Association, which is comfortably located in the very centre of the city. The buses to reach the flats are several and at any time, including the night time.
The volunteers will be given a monthly ticket paid by the Receiving Organization to be free to move all around the city, and in case of transfer due to their tasks, the travel expenses are covered.
The volunteers will receive monthly money for food and pocket money for their free time in the Polish currency (they’ll open a Polish bank account to make it easier to make transfers).
The travel costs from their country to Poland and vice versa at the beginning and at the end of the project are fully covered.
Find something more about volunteering in Bona Fides here: https://www.facebook.com/evskatowice/