Bona Fides Association and The PIJ (Point Information Jeunesse) are looking for volunteers from Poland or residents in Poland, to join our European Solidarity Corps project in France, in ordet to participate in events and wokrshops organizing and working with the local youth! Send your Curriculum Vitae to the following emails: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Instead of a motivation letter, the candidate may make a motivation video (1-3 mins) explaining their motivation to apply.
- Location: Guichen, France
- Deadline: 30th August
- Duration: 9 months
- Mobility period: 1 November 2020 – 31 July 2021
Guichen is located 30 km from Rennes, in Brittany (France).
The main mission of the Point Information Jeunesse (PIJ) is to support young people from 12 to 30 years old in their search for information and their projects in all fields (orientation, employment, health, daily life, accommodation, international, leisure, holidays, etc.) . The reception is in coherence with the national and European charter of youth information, free, anonymous and without discrimination.
TASKS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE VOLUNTEER
Above all the mission, the volunteer will develope activites related to international mobility :
- -Facilitating information workshops on international mobility: how to prepare for a departure abroad, presentation of the European Union’s mechanisms, discovery of Europe and its country, advantages of leaving, give envy. In the Youth Information Centre there are all the tools and resources to talk about mobility abroad.
- -Support the promotion and restitution of youngster who have lived international experiences : photo expositions, creation of videos, conferences, language tamdem…
- -Personal project: The volunteer will be able to propose and implement other projects according to the opportunities, context and skills. As part of a personal project, he will have the opportunity to set up a project in connection with the international.
ACCOMMODATION AND OTHER ARRANGEMENTS
The volunteer will be housed in a Habitat Jeunes residence (Foyer de jeunes travailleurs) in Guichen (20 km from Rennes). They welcome young people between the ages of 16 and 30 in independent housing and offer them various recreational and civic activities. This will allow the volunteer to meet French and international youth and share time with them. The accommodation is fully equipped with bathroom, kitchen, heating and other services. The travel expenses will be reimbursed on the basis defined by the European Commission.
Pocket money will be provided, plus money for covering the food expenses.
A bike to move in the community of Guichen and free train tickets to go to Rennes on the weekend.
No specific qualification or language level is required. The future volunteer should have a taste for animation and communication with young people. If the volunteer has skills with information and communication technologies (social network, image and sound), this will be a plus, but will not be a selection criterion. It will have to want to be fully involved in the proposed activities. The volunteer will be selected on his/her motivations to participate and get involved in Pijs projects.
To learn more, check the infopack: