Bona Fides Association and Association Bantu e.V. are looking for 2 volunteers from Poland or residents, to join our European Solidarity Corps project “African perspectives on Development and Education Policy” in Germany, in order to work with the topic of migrants and refugees from Africa. To apply please fill this application form: https://forms.gle/74hFfwsju83ieHKdA and send your Curriculum Vitae to the following emails: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Berlin, Germany
Duration: 12 months
Mobility period: 1. September 2020 – September 2021
The objectives of our Bantu e.V. are innate out of Ubuntuism for aBantu (people). Our values resonate well with core Ubuntu means of “I am because you/we are”. The philosophy of Ubuntu is historically justified in 1980 by Stanlake J.W.T Samkange (1922-1988) who underscored three principles which shape the philosophy of Ubuntuism as shown below.
- “To be human is to affirm one’s humanity by recognizing the humanity of others and, on that basis establish respectful human relations with them.”
- “If and when one is faced with a decisive choice between wealth and the preservation of the life of another human being, then one should opt for the preservation of life.”
- “The king owes his status, including all the powers associated with it, to the will of the people unde him.” This, Samkange said, was a “principle deeply embedded in traditional African political
- Therefore, as an organisation, together with the community members, our friends and partners, based on his philosophical and historical truth, we set ourselves out by joining our limitless resources and expertise, the Ubuntu Spirit and Love to serve, build strong community systems that can uplift the Bantu (human beings) both in the diaspora and those on & from the African continent but also other marginalised communities in other global South regions.
Tasks and activities of the volunteers
• International Partner communication in English
• Answer or forward Telephone, Email, and letter inquiries to the office.
• Act as the point of contact for both internal and external guests to the office.
• Makes reminder phone calls to the Board Members on the tasks or appointments that need to be honoured.
• Organize and schedule appointments/ meetings for the Board team, volunteers, and trainings.
• Writing of some Meeting minutes and documentation of other organisational processes.
• Opens the post mail and digitalizes it and file it. And send to the relevant responsible team member.
• Helps to keep the social media pages in English.
• Supports in Bantu e.V. and ABI Uganda Websites / Blog designing, updating and maintenance.
• Support in Graphic Designing of Marketing material like brochures and posters.
• Aids in the preparation of bulk mailings.
• Next cloud and Google Drive Maintenance and uploading of the files.
• Supporting the Treasurer Board in the management of all financial elements of the organization,
which includes petty cash, expenses, income & expenditure records, process all payments through cash flow and monthly bank reconciliation.
• Receiving, forwarding and filing of bills for payment to the Associations treasurer.
• Organise and maintain our paper and electronic filing systems in an effective way so that information can be found with ease.
• Monitor organisational deadlines especially, project, events and state related deadlines.
• Maintain and update charity donor and members contacts list.
• Coordinates organisational and project based working circles and sends in regular updates through written reports.
• Making research on different topics as shall be requested by other team members.
• Support in the Inlands project development from initiation to closure.
• Ensuring the office space is maintained clean and neat. And maintaining an Inventory of all office material that belong Bantu e.V.
• Supporting our international partners to get their answers and requests dealt with in a timely manner.
– 2 volunteers from Poland (both Poles and foreigners legally living in Poland);
– 18-30 years old ;
– willing to spend one year in Berlin, Germany;
– interested in the topic of the project;
– full of motivation and ideas;
Accommodation and other agangements
-Travel costs covered by the project;
-Accommodation: as done in the past our Partner, that has hosted several volunteers before, will assist the volunteers in their research for an accommodation, possibly a flat shared with one or more volunteers. The accommodation will be fully equipped and also the Hosting Organization will provided them with internet connection and anything else needed.
-The volunteers will receive a monthly pocket money and an amount for food allowance for a total amount of 625 EUR\month.
-The volunteers will follow the OLS language course, but will be also free to join regular courses that are held for migrants and foreigners at the Association, if willing too.