Bona Fides Association and ARCS Arci Culture Solidali APS and Fondazione “Dopo di noi” Anffas Sibillini Onlus are looking for 2 volunteers from Poland or Polish resident, to join our ESC project “Youthquake II: Resilience Paths” in Pian di Pieca (San Ginesio – MC) and Sant’Angelo in Pontano (MC), Italy in order to cooperate with the social workers in the activities of The Garden Tribe.
To apply please fill the application form: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zP03o1zRtzlIoJCgZncuZQgvqXjNCl_Y/edit and send it, your English CV and motivation letter to the following emails: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please, write in the title “ESC in in Macerata, Italy“.
• Location: Pian di Pieca (San Ginesio – MC) and Sant’Angelo in Pontano (MC), Italy
• Deadline: OPEN
• Duration: 7 months
• Mobility period: November 2021- May 2022
The activity focuses on Social Agriculture as a source of solidarity and inclusion. Anffas Sibillini works according to social innovation principles of community-based welfare, social and environmental sustainability.
The activity involves the participation of two volunteers for a period of 7 months in the area of Monti Azzurri in the Italian province of Macerata, in contact with disadvantaged people and their local community. The project involves 5 young people with cognitive disabilities working in Social Agriculture: their informal group is called “La Tribù dell’orto” /The Garden Tribe.
The project is in partnership with Il Salto, a little farm of the area that works according to the principles of organic and regenerative agriculture. Il Salto is also the willingness to reach new socio-economical models with the intent to create a different life, oriented to reconnection with nature and with oneself and based on an approach of active and joyful community. It is located in Sant’Angelo in Pontano (15 minutes from Pian di Pieca). Volunteers will support Anffas and Il Salto in the project activities.
• To cooperate with the social workers in the activities of The Garden Tribe (farm work, social work with people with intellectual disabilities, communication, project design)
• To contribute to project design and implementation with activities that they can suggest and lead
• To cooperate for the preparation and implementation of the Group mobility that will host new volunteers during the summer
• To participate to Italian lessons provided by the organisation
• To work on the development of their individual learning process. Storytelling is highly supported and recommended.
Volunteers will have 30 working hours and 2 free days per week. They will be supported in the development of their learning process by a tutor who will organize group or individual meetings. The volunteers will join also the Training courses organized by the Italian National Agency for Youth.
Recreational activities, through the methodology of non-formal education, are also provided during the mobility, in order to encourage sharing and exchanging between volunteers.
ACCOMODATION AND FOOD
The volunteers will receive a pocket money of 5 euro per day and specific budget for the food allowance of 5 euro per day.
Volunteers will accommodate in the facilities of the social farm Il Salto – Officina Agriculturale, based in a house in the countryside of Sant’Angelo in Pontano with shared yurt tents, common area, garden and kitchen. They will have at their disposal single rooms in an apartment close to the farm.
Volunteers will receive monthly the amount for food that they can manage independently, with the possibility of buying food, typical or not. Anyway, during the most intense days of activity or on appointments with common meal, volunteers will eat the food prepared by the local food markets with attention to possible needs and eating habits.
• Good physical conditions
• Willingness to learn through experience
• Willingness to experience rural life
• It would be better if the volunteers have already had experience in the field of volunteering and social work and if they have digital skills
• It would be better if the volunteers have Italian basic knowledge.
• Sharing of democratic and solidarity common values.
THE PROJECT INCLUDES:
> Transport tickets roundtrip up to 275 euro
> Food allowance: 5 euro per day
> Pocket money: 5 euro per day
> Italian online language course (OLS)
> Private insurance
> Accomodation in shared home/flat
> Youthpass: the official experience certificate
Link to all information: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ahcE5swdBIRu4Hnuyq_nwtXUsHr1dtcm