Bona Fides Association and La Comunità Onlus cooperativa sociale are looking for volunteers from Poland or residents in Poland to join our European Solidarity Corps project in Italy, Genoa in the field of educational activities to combat and prevent minors’ distress and sustain fragile families through socio educational, animation and cultural services.
In order to apply, please send us your CV and this questionnaire to the following emails: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com and at: firstname.lastname@example.org . Write in the title “ESC in Genoa, Italy “
- Location: Genova, Italy
- Deadline: November 2020 – November 2021
- Duration: 12 months
- Mobility period: As soon as possible
La Comunità is managing a CEA (Comunità Educativa d’Accoglienza Residenziale- Educational Residential Centres), hosting minors who are taken in by social services and temporarily separated from their natural families. In the CEA they can live, grow, study, have fun and create significant relationships with peers and educators. Activities are structured in a way to guarantee both group and autonomous spaces to the users.
La Comunità has recently opened up a residential centre for unaccompanied foreign minors called “Tuin – Il giardino”, where 16 minors are living and developing their personal projects.
Tasks and activities of the volunteer
• Recreational activities for children and adolescents such as games, and workshops: the volunteers will support the educators in the preparation and realization of weekly workshops about different topics (music, kitchen, art…) and they will propose group games and recreational activities for the youngsters.
• School and language support for children and adolescents
• Overall support to children, adolescents and staff members in the daily activities such as pedagogical support, short trips and visits, sport activities, taking care of the common spaces and sharing meals
The ideal volunteer is autonomous, mature and responsible, open to share and meet other people and, above all, motivated to join our activities. Volunteer should be aware of its extremely important role in the centre and available to cooperate to the educative and training process of La Comunità. Since this involves a delicate role in contact with young people that often come from complex family situations, the volunteer must be fitted with qualities such as tolerance, patience, firmness, creativity, and above all excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Here you can download the infopack with more information.