Stowarzyszenie BONA FIDES i organizacja Orfeas Organization z Grecji poszukują wolontariuszy na projekt EVS w Xylokastro.
Zgłoszenia (CV i list motywacyjny w j. angielskim) prosimy przesyłać na adres firstname.lastname@example.org oraz email@example.com (dokumenty należy przesłać na oba adresy mailowe). W tytule wiadomości należy wpisać: Youth Together for the Forest of Xylokastro
Termin nadsyłania zgłoszeń: 15 listopada 2015
Do wiadomości w treści maila prosimy dodawać poniższą informację:
Bona Fides Association (Stowarzyszenie Aktywności Obywatelskiej Bona Fides)
Acronym: SAO Bona Fides
ul. Warszawska 19
EI referance number: 2013-PL-100
Organizacja przyjmująca i koordynująca: Orfeas Organization
Miejsce: Xylokastro, Grecja
Tytuł projektu: Youth Together for the Forest of Xylokastro
Termin nadsyłania zgłoszeń: 15/11/2015
Czas trwania wolontariatu: 4-8 tygodni (May/June/July 2016)
Ilość wolnych miejsc: 5
Znowu propozycja projektu ekologicznego, tym razem w w Grecji na półwyspie Peloponeskim. Wolontariusze będą odpowiedzialni za dbanie o lasy w Xylokastro i Derveni (podlewanie i sadzenie drzew, dbanie o czystość), wytyczanie szlaków turystycznych i reperację już istniejących, będą zajmować się ochroną wybrzeże itp.
Our motivation to host EVS volunteers is to support and help in the everyday work of the environmental program of the municipality of Xylokastro and Derveni. This includes helping to protect the forest of Xylokastro, Derveni and Ziria(mountains), protecting the coast, planting new trees, watering the trees, cutting the branches, twigs, building and repairing the footpaths in the forest, repairing and painting the wooden signs, tables, fences and benches, supporting other environmental activities of the municipality outside of the forest like taking care of parks and the marine.
ROLE AND TASKS OF THE VOLUNTEER
The EVS volunteer’s role will be to provide additional support to the instructors and other staff working closely with qualified staff who will provide support and supervision at all time. This provides the opportunity to the EVS volunteers to share their own culture within their projects and with the local community. This will bring a new, international dimension which will benefit everyone.
1. Protection of the forest (the volunteers will take care of the natural forest of Xylokastro and Derveni. They will take care of the regular watering of the trees, in particular the new trees, which need more and systematic watering. The volunteers will take care of the cleanness of the walking road of the forest; rake the leaves, twigs, cones from that.
Moreover the volunteers will take care of the health of the trees; they will cut the branches, twigs, always with the supervisor and other members and workers of the municipality.)
2. Protection of the coast of Xylokastro and Derveni (the volunteers will take care of the coast beside the forest from the damaging and the human threats like pour out oil to the sea, or on the coast, throw out the rubbish…etc.)
3. The volunteers will participate in planting trees in the forest and in the mountainside of the Municipality (Ziria) All the equipments, tools, new plants, travel and special guidance are provided by the municipality.)
4. The volunteers will help making new and repairing the old footpath in the mountainside of the Municipality (Ziria) the volunteers will be trained how to build and repair the footpath. The volunteers will also take care of the area cleanliness and painting the wooden signs, benches, fences etc. The tools, materials and transfer for this task will be provided.
5. They will participate to repair the benches, tables, metal and wooden fences in the forest and on the coast.
6. The volunteers will support other environmental activities of the municipality outside of the forest like taking care of parks and the marine..etc.
7. The volunteers will participate in the work of the Information office in Xylokastro, which provides information about the Youth in action Program. The volunteers with the staff will give information about the Youth in action Program; make the voluntary service more attractive for the Greek youngsters giving live example with their participation.
Volunteers are responsible for the preparation of their own food, they get 140 Euro/31 days for food (1 day is 4.5 euro). The volunteers are required to provide food receipts for all the food money on the last day of the month. The receipts must contain only food items. The pocket money is 95 Euro/31 days (1 day is 3 euro).
The volunteer will receive the pocket money and the food money on a weekly basis. The volunteers are required to provide food receipts for all the food money on the last day of the month. The receipts must contain only food items
Volunteers live in a rented house.All the apartments are fully furnished. One of them (flat4) has three rooms (2 double rooms and one 4-bed room), one bathroom, a dining room and a kitchen with all cooking facilities. The other apartment (flat5) has three rooms (1 double and one 6-bed rooms), bathroom, a big living room and a kitchen with all cooking facilities. There is a free Wireless internet access and phone for incoming calls in flat4 and TV set, a washing machine, a microwave, a toaster…etc in all apartments. The bed-linen is provided; the volunteer should bring towels. The volunteer should be able to share the room with 1 to 5 other volunteers and we cannot ensure the volunteer where he/she will be accommodated.
The volunteers are not allowed to keep any animals, pets in the house; they cannot be noisy between 14:30- 17:30 and after 11 o’clock in the evening. The volunteers cannot host anybody in the house.
WORKING HOURS / HOLIDAYS
The working hours of the volunteers are 9.00 – 14.30.
Some days the volunteers have to take the bus to Derveni, Ziria or other areas of municipality. The bus travel takes maximum 40 minutes. The time for the travel is not included in the working hours and the cost is covered by the host organization.
The volunteer will take his/her vacation: except of the national holidays that are free for everyone in Greece, the volunteer can take 2 working days in agreement with the staff of the programme.
You just have to be Polish, in age between 17 -30 years old. We do not have any special requirements. You just have to be motivated young person who loves environment and would like to be a part of our team during those few weeks engaging in activities in the forest.