Stowarzyszenie BONA FIDES poszukuje osób chętnych do udziału wymianie młodzieżowej w Katowicach. Projekt “Post-soviet identity and heritage in the European Union context: a young people’s pespective” został zaakceptowany do dofinansowania i realizacji przez Polską Narodową Agencję. Zgłoszenia (CV w języku polskim i list motywacyjny w języku angielskim) prosimy przesyłać na adres mailowy: email@example.com. W tytule wiadomości prosimy wpisać: “wymiana młodzieżowa, Katowice”
Deadline: 6 października 2017
Contact person: Aleksandra Skrabel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Coordinating organisation: Stowarzyszenie Aktywności Obywatelskiej BONA FIDES
Location: Katowice, Poland
Start/End: 09/10/2017 – 16/10/2017
WHAT IS THIS YOUTH EXCHANGE ABOUT?
By gathering a group of young people (4 people from each country) coming from PostCommunist countries (Poland, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Belarus) that today are part of the European Union or within the European Neighbourhood, the exchange is aimed at promoting and sharing a common knowledge and learning about young people’s perspective on the heritage left by Post-Soviet states in the European context.
The youth exchange will provide an open space for debating, sharing, reflecting and deepening the bequeathal left by the Eastern block by investigating the advantages and the disadvantages of the Communst world and exploring the transition and integration process into the European Union.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The project will involve people between the ages of 16 and 25 – young people who have already attended high schools and universities who are emotionally mature and understand what Communism used to deal with. We also do not want them to be older than 25, because of the age gap, e.g. between participants aged 16 and 30. We want people involved in this exchange to be relatively close to age, at a similar stage of mental development to make it easier in communicating and sharing their own views. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, religion, political beliefs or sexual orientation. We are open to participants with fewer opportunities. We include young people from areas far from the larger city center, which have difficulty in accessing services, and in particular have no opportunity to contact with foreigners.
BONA FIDES – WHO ARE WE?
The Bona Fides Association was founded in 2003 in Katowice. The Association is an independent, nonprofit and politically un-involved non-government organisation. Since 2008, the Association has focused its efforts on watchdog activity. Furthermore, Bona Fides sends young people as volunteers abroad as part of the Youth in Action Programme and on the other hand it hosts EVS volunteers from different countries.
WHAT ARE MAIN GOALS OF THE YOUTH EXCHANGE?
- learn and compare the different visions about what Communism and the European Union are;
- explore the Communist and the European Union worlds, their heritage and identity; enhance intercultural youth skills;
- deepen the relationship between ideology, policy and social processes in Eastern Europe and relate its historical past with the current European context;
- develop linguistic, sociocultural and negotiation skills throughout games and team work activities;
- gain competences for understanding the participation and discussion processes in team work;
- increase the democratic and human rights values among young people; h) promote an active citizienship of the participants.
ACTIVITIES AND METHODS
- Integration, icebreaker and energizers games;
- Stage show;
- Outside team building activities and games;
- Documentary/film and discussion;
- Cultural evenigs (parties, typical food of the countries involved)