Bona Fides Association and the Spin Association are looking for polish volunteers to join their 12 months EVS project in a Education Department in Lisbon. The application forms, Curriculum Vitae and cover letter have to be sent to the following emails: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org Please, write in the title ”EVS in Lisbon”
- Location: Freguesia do Lumiar
- Deadline: 15/02/2019
- Duration: 12 months
- Mobility period: 01/03/2019 to 29/02/2020
The hosting institution, Junta de Freguesia de Lumiar, is the local administrative unit of the Lumiar area in Lisbon. In this organization, the volunteers are going to cooperate with the Education Department, namely they are going to work at local school recreation centers (Quinta dos Frades and S. Vicente Schools – Vicentix, Futurix and CAF Bairro Cruz Vermelha)
- Collaborate with the Education/Educator’s Coordinating team
- Facilitate and promote activities with children and school community
- Program and implement new projects in the area of education together with the Coordinating team and Educators
- Prepare materials, tools for activities with children, both indoors and outdoors
- Support in after-school activities for children and youngsters
- Support for elaboration of children’s and youngsters homeworks
- Contribute for teaching songs, dances and play games with children and youngsters
- Support the Educators during Summer animations activities with children and youngsters
- Participate in meetings with parents and Educators
- Create their own events or initiatives, in accordance with their principles and upon Board’s approval.
ACCOMMODATION & OTHER ARRANGEMENTS
The coordinating & hosting organization will provide an accommodation in a flat as close to the office and the city center as possible. If the apartment is located in the city center, the volunteers will spend around 35 minutes to reach the working place. The volunteers will have to share the room with another volunteer/student/young person (room and connected expenses are paid by Associação Spin). They may also – if so wished by the volunteer – receive a monthly accommodation allowance and be solely responsible for finding and paying for their own accommodation. A monthly allowance of 180€ will be provided by Associação Spin to cover food expenses and local public transportation. Every month the volunteer will receive 150€ as pocket money.
The volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The daily timetable includes time for language learning, lunch, social activities and development of own project ideas, etc. Volunteers are entitled to two days off per week (usually on Saturday and Sunday) as well as 2 extra days of vacation for every month of their voluntary work.
We are looking for young motivated volunteers aged 18-30, open minded, eager to learn about new cultures and lifestyles, as well as to participate in the project activities in the local community. It is not required to have any particular degree of formal education, but to have positive and proactive attitude, show tolerance, flexibility, motivation and enthusiasm. In this project, patience and the capacity to work in a team will be highly appreciated. We encourage applications especially from youngsters who already have some experience in volunteering or in working with children and youngsters and are, at this moment, available to commit to a long term experience of volunteer work abroad . Priority is given to candidates with fewer opportunities (please consult the sending organization whether this status applies in your situation). Any knowledge of Portuguese is a plus, however it is not a requirement.
All candidates must be registered with the European Solidarity Corps