Stowarzyszenie Aktywności Obywatelskiej Bona Fides i hiszpańska organizacja SEO Birdlife poszukują wolontariuszki do projektu Europejskiego Korpusu Solidarności (ESC, dawniej EVS) w El Rocío (Huelva), w Hiszpanii.
W temacie maila proszę dopisać “EVS in SEO Birdlife, Spain”.
W sekcji “SENDING ORGANISATION” należy wpisać:
Termin nadsyłania zgłoszeń: 15/01/2019
Receiving organization: SEO Birdlife
Location: El Rocío (Huelva), Spain
Duration: 12 months
Mobility period: 01.08.2019 – 31.07.2020
SEO/BirdLife is one of the most important environmental organizations in Spain. The vision, mission and values of SEO/BirdLife are focused to fulfil our social function, which moves us from 1954 to study and protect the birds and nature. Our interest is the human being and the conservation of the natural world. SEO/BirdLife is a partner of BirdLife International in Spain, the largest global organization for conservation of birds and nature, is active in 121 countries and has more than 13 million memberships worldwide.
The offices of SEO/BirdLife in Doñana are based in the Francisco Bernis Bird Center in Almonte (Huelva, Andalucía). The aim of the Project is to enable European young people to participate in the environmental volunteer program of SEO/Birdlife in Doñana. The natural values of this European natural area are internationally known. In this way, young European volunteers from different countries will participate in activities developed in important natural areas, living together with the local community and working side by side in a local volunteer team. Intercultural issues, the value of cultural diversity, the exchange of experiences, mutual enrichment, the respect and tolerance will be promoted. The volunteer program is understood as a formative experience to equip young people with skills, knowledge and values.
The project will be developed in the area of influence of the protected area of Doñana National Park (Natura 2000 network), internationally known for its important natural values. Scheduled activities will take place inside the National Park and surrounding areas of great environmental and socio-cultural value. Volunteers will have the opportunity to integrate into a unique social and natural environment in Europe, characterized by the existence of crop and livestock systems, secular traditions and the union between man and nature.
The ESC volunteers will work together with national volunteers, and other European volunteers os other projects, thus promoting the creation of a single cultural group. Through the development of various activities (conservation, awareness, education and monitoring), and through days of knowledge, volunteers will have the opportunity to experience the cultural richness and secular traditions of Doñana and Andalusia.
Participants will be finally selected without distinctions of sex, age, creed or origin and their admission to the mobility activity will be determined from the assessment of their letter of interest and, preferably, through a personal interview via Skype.
Our working language is Castilian, so the volunteer will experience the Spanish language as a tool for working. On the other hand, due to our activities in the Francisco Bernis Bird Centre, the volunteers could improve and develop other languages, such as English.
The volunteer will join our daily workday with the supervision of a mentor/ coordinator.
TASKS OF THE VOLUNTEER
The volunteers will participate in different activities:
• Fieldwork: The volunteers will actively collaborate in our scientific bird monitoring programs (census and marking) in Doñana and several projects of habitat restoration and conservation campaigns in Doñana and other natural areas.
• From the Francisco Bernis Bird Centre, we develop awareness campaigns and environmental education programs among the local community. The volunteers also will collaborate with visitor management staff in the Francisco Bernis Bird Centre.
• The volunteers will receive training seminars including detailed information on all the activities in which they will collaborate, as well as the natural and social environment in which it develops. We also organize workshops and information sessions. The volunteers will receive short courses on ecology, biology, species identification, and marking and monitoring of species.
• Proposing individual project and case study.
• Planning, preparation and carrying out of field activities and training courses.
• Writing articles related to ESC project
Participants should be young and highly motivated volunteers, showing special interest in the conservation and study of the environment. Willingness to cooperate, personal initiative, a positive attitude to collaborate in fieldwork, tolerance, respect for the customs and culture of the other volunteers and the local community, as well as the sense of humour will be highly appreciated. Applicants must have good general health. Once the recruitment process is opened, volunteers fulfilling the above-mentioned profile will be shortlisted.
• Food: The volunteer will receive every month 160 € for food.
• Accommodation: Private room in shared accommodation with other young people. The accommodation will be fully equipped and electricity, water, gas will be covered by the hosting organization.
• The practical arrangements (working hours, days off per week, holidays): The volunteer works 35 hours on 5 days per week. There is an entitlement to holidays for 2 days per month, altogether holidays days that can be taken after consulting with the SEO/BirdLife team.
• Pocket money: The volunteer will receive the monthly rate foreseen by the Spanish NA, 5€ per day on the first day of the month.
• Language support: The volunteer is entitled to receive language support with an online platform, as stated on the Erasmus+ programme guide