Bona Fides Association together with GEGED are looking for Polish volunteers or residents in Poland, to join our Youth Exchange project in Gaziantep, Turkey related to children, nature, languages learning and other activities. In order to apply, please send us your CV and motivation letter to the following emails: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Duration: 4-8 weeks
Mobility period: 01.11.2019 – 29.12.2019
Deadline: As soon as possible
T volunteering projects are all for short term volunteers but we are also accepting long term volunteers. We are hosting 24 volunteers at a given time in 2-3 different projects.
Our Mission is to create a strong youth with key competencies and new skills, knowledge and competencies in social life and help the peace on the World among young people from different cultures, backgrounds,
ethnics and races. We also promote youth works and voluntary works to show people that there are many things to do together which can’t be left undone and they need free willingness.
Tasks of volunteers
- Help GEGED’s youth campaigns, workshops and daily issues
- Join teaching activities and game hours with Syrian and Afghan Kids in refugee support non- formal education centres
- Join teaching activities and game hours in the orphanage
- Motivating and educating Leukemia Children in Oncology hospital classroom
- Take a part in English conversation clubs with young people
- Join Turkish and Arabic language courses given by local volunteers
- Help with the organisation for our intercultural evenings
- Open Spaces that volunteers can contribute their own ideas and workshops
- Environmental Campaigns, planting trees, greening and cleaning nature
There is a building, where we have got two floors with bedrooms for volunteers. The rooms are triple. There are bathrooms, kitchen, living room, laundry, wifi, hot water, cosy backyard etc. Inside, on the floor has also got a meeting room and an office for coordination. We have all the bed cloth: pillows, blankets, sheets, but please bring your own hygienic things and towels for your own using. The building is in the city centre so you can walk everywhere you want to see or buy something.
We deliver food money to volunteers 350 Lira per month. So that volunteer can be free to eat outside or shop and cook in the kitchen. The best way is to shop together cook together and share the costs with other volunteers.
Pocket money is calculated day x 4 euro of actual duration in the project. (for 2007 contracted projects it is 3 euro per day) We pay on a monthly basis in euro in cash.
We provide public transportation for project activities if the activity is far from us but %90 of the activities are in walking distance (5-10 minutes)
For further information:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Geged.org.tr/