Location: Forlì, Italy
Duration: 5 Months
Mobility Period: January 2020 – May 2020
Deadline: As soon as possible
Bona Fides Association and Cooperativa Sociale L’Accoglienza – Ca’ Rossa are looking for Polish volunteers, or residents in Poland, to join this long-term project in Italy. The project’s activities will take place in a social cooperative where the volunteers will help users with disabilities and have the opportunity to develop many other activities. In order to apply, please send us your CV and motivation letter to the following emails: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
The project will be held in the city of Forlì, Italy, on the social cooperative “L’Accoglienza” in “Ca’ Rossa”, a Residential centre where about 12 disabled people between 18 and 65 years old live. The users have a mild mental illness and/or disability, with mainly rehabilitative needs and no need for continuous health care. The living environment fosters individual and social emancipation processes and the personal independence of the guests who are invited to develop their hobbies and abilities and express specific needs.
Profile of the volunteer
The role of the volunteer will always be of support for the professional staff in order to understand the behaviour and attitudes of the 9 disabled hosted in the house. He or she will help the social workers in recreational and educational group activities and, in general, in every aspect of everyday life.
In particular his/her tasks will be:
– Support in the activities of the residential centre. She/He will help people with disability in their everyday life and collaborate with the staff to improve their social abilities (living together, eating manners, tiding up…), and other recreational activities (walking, drawing, dancing, etc.)
– Supporting the disabled people in knowing the neighbourhood where they live, the local resources and the community where they are inserted. The volunteer can help them in using the services present in the vicinity (post-office, hairdressers, gymnasium, swimming pool, laundry, etc.). Furthermore, the volunteer can lead some guests in finding and knowing how to move with public transport and how to reach places.
– Organization of leisure moments aimed at developing guests and volunteers personal hobbies and specific abilities and dedicating to each guest care and attention for integration into the community.
– Collaboration in planning socializing moments, in the stimulation of guests’ creativity in creating new activities together with them, to facilitate exchanges and relationships by the organization of new entries, birthday party, etc. These activities can be also dedicated to deepen the knowledge of the volunteer’s culture or guests’ cultures as far as cooking, cinema and other traditions are concerned.
– It’s preferable that the volunteer have a strong interest in people with disability.
– Some knowledge of the Italian language, or a strong will to learn it
Working and other useful information
The volunteer will always be supported and helped in the realization of new ideas and actions for the guests during periodical staff meetings. He/She will be on service from Monday to Friday, for 6/7 hours a day, always in the afternoon from 2.00 p.m to 8.30 p.m for about 32/35 hours per week, and will have dinner in the centre.
He/she will have the opportunity to attend some trainings about multiculture, volunteering, etc. and to meet other volunteers hosted in the same city. We are now involving 7 volunteers from different countries.
The volunteer will have the weekend off, but sometimes it may happen that the volunteer is asked to be present during Saturday and Sunday, in these cases she will be able to choose other free days in the week. He/she will live in a flat near the city centre, and receive 120€ monthly for pocket money and 120€ monthly for food. There will also be a bicycle to move freely in the city.
For more info: