Location: Vicopisano, Italy
Duration: 12 Months
Mobility Periods: 1st February 2020 – 1st February 2021
Deadline: as soon as possible
Bona Fides Association and CIF Vicopisano are looking for volunteers from Poland or residents, to join their Education and long-life learning project in Vicopisano in ITALY. To apply please fill the form and send your Curriculum Vitae, the questionnaire and cover letter to the following emails: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, write in the title “ESC in Vicopisano, Italy”.
DESCRIPTION OF THE ORGANISATION
The Italian Female’s Centre (CIF) of Vicopisano is a voluntary organization that belongs to the CIF national organization with sections in 90 provinces and 500 municipalities in Italy. For over 20 years CIF Vicopisano has organized afterschool activities for young people, formal and non-formal educational activities for adults and the elderly, meetings with experts and seminars as well as socializing activities for all ages. Currently, the association is made of 19 volunteer members of which 13 are active volunteers; these last ones are in charge of the entire management of the organization and cover management and administrative roles of the various activities.
1) AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM: Every weekday afternoon from 14.30 to 19.00, involving around 22 children and young people aged 5-18. It is an open access service frequented by those in need of a space for socialization and help with homework. They do their homework in an environment aiming to reinforce their abilities, autonomy in the study process, motivation to learn, self-esteem and mutual help alternating work and breaks to favour socialization and group dynamics.
2) SOCIALIZATION ACTIVITIES: Sunday Raffle/Tombola Afternoons for seniors Events (Halloween, Epiphany, Carnival, birthday parties) Alzheimer’s Cafè, a project foreseeing meetings among patients with senile dementia, art therapy and workshops with family members/people who take care of patients to provide help and share experiences.
3) EDUCATION FOR ADULTS: Training opportunities on different topics to promote socialization and guarantee the acquisition of useful skills:
- Language workshops (English, Spanish, French);
- Italian language workshops for foreigners;
- Language Cafè on Saturday afternoon;
- Computer Literacy;
- Workshops on nutrition and lifestyle;
- Thematic meetings about the importance of sports.
4) SUMMER CAMPS: Including both recreational activities and help with homework.
VOLUNTEER ‘ S TASKS
SEPTEMBER TO MID-JUNE
- Participation in the staff meetings to settle the program of activities;
- Support in the afterschool program, open 5 afternoons per week, helping children with their homework through workshops, group work or individual work;
- Support children with specific learning disabilities and linguistic difficulties;
- Organization of linguistic workshop for children and young people both in the group and individually;
- Presence to the canteen service with the educators, children and, adolescents;
- Organization of games, outdoor and recreational activities before and after the afterschool program;
- Support teachers, educators and the staff members in tutoring and linguistic activities with adults and elderly people;
- Support adults and elderly people during online training courses;
- Organization and management of workshops;
- Participation in the monthly coordinating meetings with public stakeholders.
JUNE TO SEPTEMBER
The volunteers will be actively involved in the Summer Camps for local children through outdoor activities, games, workshops, sports, trips out of town and afterschool program as well.
THE IDEAL VOLUNTEER
- Open-minded with a positive attitude to work in an education and training program with different kinds of people: children, teenagers, adults and, elderly people;
- Ready and motivated to interact with local people and live a deep cultural experience;
- Patient, kind, polite, tolerant, able to listen actively and willing to work in a team;