Bona Fides Association and 5 different Valga county youth centres are looking for volunteers from Poland or residents in Poland, to join our European Solidarity Corps project in Estonia in order to working with youngsters and with children, helping youngsters to organize events, creating and leading their own projects and introducing your own culture and language. Send your Curriculum Vitae and Motivational with a subject “Valga county centers” to the following emails: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com and Ülla Tamm firstname.lastname@example.org or Rasmus Onkel email@example.com .
- Location: Valga county (Valgamaa), Estonia
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Duration: 6,5-11 months
- Mobility period: September/October 2020-August/September
Activities on youthwork in 5 different Valga county youth centres: in Valga, in Tõrva, in Karula, in Taheva and in Tõlliste and 2 activities in Kindergarten/School (Gaia class) in Antsla and in Hargla.
Look from here amazing photos about Valga county valgamaa.tumblr.com
Number of vacancies: 7
- Valga Open Youth Centre – 11 months
- Tõrva Open Youth Centre – 11 months
- Taheva Open Youth Centre – 11 months
- Tõlliste Open Youth Centre – 11 months
- Karula Open Youth Centre – 11 months
- Hargla School Kindergarten and Hargla School Gaia class – 11 months
- Antsla Lusti Kindergarten – 6,5 months
An ECS volunteer should be at the age of 18 to 30 and willing to participate in our projects.
When applying, it would be good to have an interest in youth work, working with the youngsters or children and media. Although, it is not an expectancy to have these skills and knowledge. It is important to have the desire of utilising your knowledge and skills and passing them on the local youngsters and children.
We are expecting that our volunteer is an open communicator and a friendly person, who is ready to be flexible about his/her working hours and assignments.
The work management in youth centre is very varied – you have to be mobile becuse of collaboration meetings and trainings all over the country and flexible because of the working hours of the centre (in addition to working on weekdays it is common to have to work on weekends as well).
The work management in kindergarten and Gaia class is organized according to the lesson plan (starting in the morning and finishing before 17), but there will be inside a lot of flexibility to give an opportunity a different style of workshops, trips, hikes etc. Mostly workdays will be on Monday until to Friday.
Cultural differences are not decisive, they are rather beneficial in terms of global diversity – we accept everyone who is suitable for youth work.
We will go through and discuss every single application as a team and will make Skype calls.
- Most of the time he/she would be working with youngsters and helping them spend their spare time:
- playing board games and videogames with youngsters
- doing crafting and cooking together with youngsters
- helping youngsters to realize their ideas
- Most of the time he/she would be working with children and helping them:
- supporting kindergarten and Gaia class teacher
- prepareing classes and theme days/weeks
- prepareing out-side activities
- communicating and playing with children
- Helping youngsters to organize events:
- creating posters and ads
- helping with all the preparations
- Creating and leading their own projects:
- ESC mini-project
- an opportunity to bring own ideas to life, by using different types of Estonian project fundations
- Introducing his/her own culture and language:
- as different events
- for example organizing a language club
- Carrying out different workshops in youth center or elsewhere:
- participating in youth camps, carrying out a workshop in a camp
- Leading the work of youth groups
- Participating in various local culture events and projects:
- getting to know the Estonian culture
- Introducing voluntary work in different youth centres, schools and kindergartens in Valga county
- Doing collaboration with schools, kindergarten and other youth centres and organizations
- Participating in work meetings
- Promoting kindergarten, youth centre and its activities:
- managing Facebook page/home page
- promoting in Tankla homepage
- promoting in local media (newspapers and radio)
- Writing articles to newspaper/ keep a blog
Service and living place
Check this link for specific information: https://tankla.net/tankla/in-english/esc-in-estonia-2020-autumn.html