Bona Fides Association and Vitality are looking for volunteers from Poland or residents in Poland to join our European Solidarity Corps project in Romania to be involved in activities like youth work, public events and international mobility projects.
In order to apply, please send us your CV and motivation letter to the following emails: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Location: Resita – Romania
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Duration: 9 months
- Mobility period: A1: 01 November 2020 – 31 July 2021 and A2: 01 September 2021 – 31 May 2022
The project has the following objectives:
– To improve inclusion, school participation, foreign language skills and the overall educational experience for local children from disadvantaged communities through non-formal learning activities in local schools, kindergartens and afterschools
from Resita within 2 stages of 9-month long activity periods.
– To change the perception about the image of voluntary work: To raise the local young people and the local community awareness about the benefits of volunteering and being engaged in social life through promoting voluntary
work in schools and in actions in Resita within 2 stages of 9-month long activity periods.
– To promote tolerance and acceptance among the local young people in Resita, through an activity called ‘Language Café’, where the local young people take part in discussions and non-formal education activities in different topics aimed
to get to know the different cultures better within 2 stages of 9-month long activity periods. After all this knowledge and
experience leads them to understand interculturality and to create a more inclusive society.
– Develop the skills and competences of the involved 12 volunteers in relation to organize and to coordinate non-formal
educational and civic activities for children and young people from disadvantaged communities; youth work;
intercultural experience within 2 stages of 9-month long activity periods.
Tasks and activities of the volunteer
Nevo Parudimos is a non-governmental, civic and independent association from other state bodies, created by free choice and initiative of founding members in August 2008. The purpose of the association is “Reducing economical, social and educational disparities in society”. Since it was established, Nevo Parudimos Association held different activities for young people because we consider them to be an important factor of change in our society. Currently the association conducts youth activities locally, regionally and nationally, and internationally through various youth mobilities.
– Non-formal education activities in schools and kindergartens in disadvantaged areas, such as Mociur and Dealul Mare.
– Non-formal education activities in afterschool centres (Raisa Centre and ABC Centre).
– Language Café: A weekly activity (discussions, presentations, non-formal education activities) targeted the local young
people in order to get to know the different cultures better, and learn about interculturality.
– Promotion of voluntary work and civic involvement through local campaigns and actions (so called ‘personal projects’),
planned, organised and implemented by the volunteers, targeted the local young people and communities.
– Dissemination of the results of the project and the volunteers’ experience: they will write a blog all together where they
write articles by their own in order to share their experience.
We are looking for candidates who are: – They are between 18 and 30 years old at the start of the project;
– They have at least an A2 level of English (or at least they speak Italian or Spanish, because some of our mentors and volunteers speak those languages that could help their involvement);
– They have finished their high-school education;
– They have a real desire to-, and are capable of going on a 9-month long voluntary project in Romania;
– They believe in voluntary work and want to contribute more to promote such activities;
– They have a minimum experience in volunteering, with children and/ or non-formal education;
– They are comfortable in working with children/teenagers/youths;
– They have social and/or cultural obstacles to some degree in their lives;
– They come from different disadvantaged backgrounds ( economical problems, minority groups, ethnic groups, isolated
areas especially the ones coming from rural areas);
– They are open minded and flexible with a big wish to do things and help others;
– Registered on PASS platform.
Accommodation and other expenses
We provide accommodation in a fullequiped and furnished apartment – there are all the necessary conditions for a good life. Rent and utilities (water, gas, electricity) will be paid by the hosting NGO. The volunteers will be accommodated in double bedrooms. The flat has its own bathroom and kitchen as well.
POCKET MONEY | 90€/month
FOOD ALLOWANCE | 150€/month
The volunteers can use a budget for traveling to Romania at the beginning of their activities and for going home at the end. Local transport in the city is be provided by the hosting NGO. The volunteers recieve monthly pass, so they so they can enjoy free public transportation in Resita.