Bona Fides Association and ProAtlântico – Associação Juvenil are looking for 1 volunteer from Poland or resident in Poland to join our European Solidarity Corps project in Portugal, and have an opportunity to work with local disadvantaged group (refugees, people with disabilities, seniors, and children). To apply please fill this application form: https://forms.gle/74hFfwsju83ieHKdA and send your Curriculum Vitae to the following emails: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please write in the title: “ESC in Oeiras, Portugal”.
- Location: Oeiras, Portugal
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Duration: 5 months
- Mobility period: September 2021 – January 2022
The ideas and the aims of the project are:
- Offer a support to the development of the local community thanks to the involvement and engagement of our volunteers in local activities and realities, in direct contact with local people;
- Make people with fewer opportunities more confident about themselves, their abilities and passions; make them feel part of a society that doesn’t refuse them, but instead needs them: we would like them to feel useful and willing to participate in their community life through a civic sense of active
TASKS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE VOLUNTEER
- OFFICE WORK:
- – help the staff in the preparation of cultural, leisure and recreational activities for target groups (youngsters, disadvantaged people, elderly people…);
- – collaboration with local entities for the event organization to involve and unite the local community in leisure activities;
- – partnership develompement and maintenance with local organisations: Immigrant organisations, Senior daily centres, institutions for people with disabilities…
- 2. SENIOR activities
- – development of leisure time activities (handicrafts, dance games, gymnastics, workshops , etc.);
- – support in seniors’ daily practises;
- – activities during holidays and related to special events (ex: Christmas theatre play, build Carnival masks, trips, birthday parties, religious events…);
- – computer lessons for seniors;
- – help in meals time;
- – support in food bank.
- 3.CENTER FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
- – therapeutic and leisure time activities (traditional games, singing and dancing, ceramics painting, decorating workshops);
- – sports activities (boccia, water adapted activities);
- – recreational activities (tours, walking);
- – help in meals time.
- 4. REFUGEES CENTER
- – Accompaniment of clients to medical services and official services;
- – Accompaniment of users in cultural activities and knowledge of the country/region (eg. visits to museums, participation in cultural events, etc.);
- – Development of entertainment and leisure time actions (theatre, sports, socio-cultural animation);
- – Logistical and administrative support;
- – Analysis and studies in the field of migration;
- – Support in food bank;
- – Participation in the “Communitarian Pray” – involving dozans people from different countries and religions: a practise that is held in many languages every week, an event organised by the refugees and migrants from different religions and cultures that wants to give a strong message of unity and non-discrimination. Local people are also more and more participating in it.
- 5. LOCAL COMMUNITY:
- – Participation in community events, brainstorming of ideas to be shared among local people to make the development of the city accessible for everyone;
- – Our volunteers will be also asked to take part in activities to promote European Solidarity Corps and Erasmus + in schools, fairs and other events. For this, we will leave them free to do whatever they
like (it could be workshops, presentations, small or large-scale events), ProAtlantico and Bona Fides will support any idea coming from them at this and all other purposes of the project.
ACCOMMODATION AND OTHER ARRANGEMENTS
ProAtlantico will provide accommodation, a bedroom will be placed in a University Residence, or in a Hostel, or in a family house, at Casa Europa or in a flat. In case of shared accommodation, the volunteer will share it with one or maximum with two more volunteers possibly of the same sex.
- Food: During working time, RO will provide food or, if it’s not possible, the volunteer will get extra 5 Euros per working day,
- Transportation: The trip to from Poland to Portugal and back will be reimbursed. The volunteers will have a monthly ticket reimbursed by ProAtlantico. Oeiras has a wide web of buses to reach every part of the city and they ride quite often.
- Pocket money: You will have a 110€ Pocket money to manage during the month, this money will be given to you in the first 10 days of each month, by bank transfer or live money.
- Vacation and days off: You will have 2 days off per week, usually at weekends, except if you have some activity in one of those days, in that case we can reschedule the days off. You will also have 2 days’ vacation per month that you can use or accumulate with other months to have a bigger vacation period.