Bona Fides Association and GALAJAYA KORPU PUBLIC ASSOCIAN OF YOUTH are looking for volunteers from Poland or Polish Residents, to join our European Solidarity Corps project in Azerbaijan, Ganja city. You will have an opportunity to work with the local community, preparing summer and winter camp and more.
To apply please send your Curriculum Vitae to the following e-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Location: the region of Ganja-Gazakh, Azerbaijan
- Deadline: As soon as possible
- Duration: 4 months
- Mobility period: May 2023 – September 2023
In the activities of the project volunteers will be working in the following topics:
• supporting local and international activities of our Partner for the local community (preparing trainings, seminars, reports, campaigns, quizes, seminars, etc.);
• preparing and promoting activities related with summer and winter work-camp actions in Azerbaijan and to other Partners abroad (promoting the vacancies abroad through social media, preparing new projects and proposing interactive activities,
• taking part and leading some activities of the summer and winter work-camp open to youngsters and kids at a national level;
• running weekly extracurricular indoor and outdoor activities based on local young people’s needs (intercultural exchange activities, English, Polish and other language speaking clubs and etc.);
• preparing and supporting activities run within the project about topics of entrepreneurship and employability, learning opportunities, quality of life, inclusion of local youngsters,
• collaborating to find new ways in which youth can lead community development in the frame of the project “Resource Centre” open to local youngsters (to offer them support in their personal, social-educational and professional development);
• running workshops and open discussion-sessions (“open space”) about youth entrepreneurship and employability focusing on local resources with local youngsters coming from rural and disadvantaged areas;
• taking part in Azerbaijani language lessons with a native teacher three times a week;
• cooperating in local activities with the local youth centre “Ganja Youth House”
ACCOMMODATION AND OTHER ARRANGEMENTS
ACCOMMODATION: at first, to soften the process of adaptation of the volunteers into the local community, our Partner will try to provide a local reliable host family to for 1 or 2 months. This method was used in past projects and had an effective impact in their adaption process. Later, our Partner will rent an apartment or even a house (according to the availability) in the city center. The volunteers live together in a shared flat in Ganja city.
INSURANCE: The volunteers will be enrolled in Cigna (this insurance is accepted by the Azerbaijani embassy).
MONEY: volunteers will receive 90 EUR for food and 70 EUR for pocket money monthly.
TRAVEL COSTS: covered by the ESC program
• a person motivated to be immersed in the Azerbaijani culture and discover all its multi-facets;
• interested in working in a multicultural environment;
• open to new people, to diversity and showing an inclusive and global attitude, oriented to overall comprehension and undertanding of diversity.