Bona Fides Association and Strauss APS opened a call for Polish volunteers to take part in 3 different projects in the local community of Mussomeli (Sicily), Italy.
About the project
When: 10th November 2023 – 6th May 2024
Duration: 6 months
10 long-term volunteers will take part in 3 different projects in the local community of Mussomeli, with different target groups according to the identified needs:
- artistic, theatrical and creative activities with disabled people for their social integration,
- support and social inclusion activities for vulnerable minors,
- creative, personal development, engagement and media activities for children, young people and the local community for development.
The three projects will be hosted respectively by Casa Rosetta Onlus, Futurnoi (Casa Vanessa) and Strauss APS.
- capacity building
- educational support
- language learning
- culture learning
- awareness and inclusiveness
- and much more!
To apply please send you CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
In addition to applying it is mandatory to complete the following form: https://bit.ly/ESCstrauss
Accommodation, food and transport
Volunteers will be involved in activities 5 days per week, with a maximum of 35 working hours. They will live together in the beautiful Spinnato palace, a historical place in the centre of Mussomeli, right above Strauss APS headquarters. The flat is very large and contains all the necessary facilities, including a large terrace.
Volunteers are going to share the rooms, according to gender and/or other requests. The volunteer will receive a 5€/day pocket money and a food pocket to manage and buy food.
Welcome training, Italian classes, Youthpass Training Cycle, Mid Term Evaluation and final Evalutation are run by Strauss APS. On-Arrival Training is run by Italian National Agency.
- Aged from 18 to 30 years old
- Motivated to contribute to solidarity and make a positive impact on communities or individuals in need
- Flexible and adaptable, willing to accept new environments, cultures and challenges
- Openness and willingness to learn for personal and intellectual growth
- Communicative and empathetic
- Open to working in teams
- Open-minded attitude
- Responsible and reliable, demonstrating a sense accountability in fulfilling the volunteer role and commitments
- Open to sharing and transmitting own values and culture