Bona Fides Association and Undicesimaora Onlus are looking for 2 Polish volunteers to join an ESC project in Senigallia, Italy! 🇮🇹 The main topics are social agriculture and social support activities.
Place: Senigallia, Italy
Date of the placement: 02 Nov 2023 – 31 May 2024
Description of the Project:
Undicesimaora Onlus is a social cooperative founded in Senigallia (Marche Region) in December 2011, as a result of the collaboration with the Fondazione Caritas Senigallia Onlus, that we also collaborate with. The aim of Undicesimaora is to improve the quality of life of people experiencing hardship and poverty, through the creation of temporary workplaces, training and guiding to social reintegration.
The activities at Undicesimaora will be at the solidarity warehouse RIKREA (from November 2023 to February 2024) and at the SOLIDARITY GARDEN (from March to May 2024).
At RIKREA the volunteers will take care of:
- – Sorting, checking and cleaning activities of the items placed in the warehouse (furniture, children’s toys, etc);
- – Clothing and food distribution activities;
- – Activities of dismantling and assembling furniture, delivery and collection from the homes of private individuals;
- – Solidarity sewing workshops with second-hand materials
At the SOLIDARITY GARDEN the volunteers will take care of:
- – PLANTING and WATERING: the volunteers will support the staff and the workers of the cooperative in the activity of planting the seeds. They will have the opportunity to know more about seeds and planting techniques. They will also support in watering the plants from the moment they plant them until the harvest.
- – HARVESTING: when the time comes, the volunteers will support the staff and the workers in the harvesting and picking of vegetables. This activity will help them to know the seasonality of vegetables and fruit.
- – SORTING: after the harvest, they will support the staff and the workers in sorting the vegetables. They will clean them and divide them in boxes, ready for the delivery.
- – DELIVERY: as specified above, the vegetables that we harvest in our solidarity garden are delivered to the facilities managed by Fondazione Caritas Senigallia. They use the vegetables in their canteens for people with fewer opportunities and for people in need. The volunteers will support the staff and the workers in the delivery.
Additionally, the volunteers will have:
- – Tutoring sessions
- – Mentoring sessions
- – Italian language course, which will be scheduled regularly from the beginning of the project, since we want to support the volunteers in the process of integration in the local community.
- – Hours to dedicate to their personal project plan, that we will fully support, help to develop and implement if necessary.
How to apply:
In order to apply please send your CV and a motivation letter (in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
DOWNLOAD THE INFOPACK HERE: