Duration: 2 months
Place: Sivas, Turkey
Volunteers will realize their ESC experiences, working with young people, which have fewer opportunities of work, personal development and social inclusion. Therefore, ESC volunteers will work with young people. They will organize some social, cultural and sports activities for young people in order to improve their personal skills and support social integration actively.
Proposed ESC activities:
- Support in the preparation, development and implementation of social, educational and cultural
activities (preparation and preparation of materials for lessons, conducting part of the lesson).
- Promotion of all kinds of activities, using social media (including facebook, instagram, or twitter).
- Creating own blog (articles, photos, possibly movies).
- Help in organizing events that organized or co-organized by the host organization.
- Making presentation in different platforms about volunteers own country and culture and about
European voluntary service.
- Organising English and Italian language workshops using non formal teaching methods twice a week.
Who we are?
Development Youth & Sports Association is a non-governmental organization, which unites people of different age, social class, nation and interest but with same goal: make the world of 21st century a bit more better and friendlier to its inhabitants. The main activities are: education, democracy, human rights, ecology, refugees, unemployment, sports and culture. Youngsters believe that these aspects are not only closely connected with the majority of youth problems, but also provide a wide space for growth, innovative thinking and creativity, which can be accumulated firstly by youngsters. Members of DYSA evaluate not only organizing projects and events, but also participating in local youth, student and school councils, because democracy begins not with election but from participation and responsibility. Youngsters create a better world not just in the name of faceless “everybody”, but in the name of their friends and beloved, in the name of the future generation, in the name of their children.
Web Page: www.gelisimgenclik.org.tr
What We Do?
Our main activities are based on intercultural learning, by using a non-formal education and youth program actions in order to encourage the youth participation in the international context, so abolishing the barriers between countries, reducing the racism and promoting the tolerance between different cultures. Our organization wants to encourage youth initiatives by young people. We support them by providing information, tools, and training to help them get their goals.
We are active, sending, hosting and coordinating, with more than 50 people per year. Our major activities in the International Office include, but are not limited to, the following typical activities:
- – Mobility programs,
- – Sending, hosting and coordinating ESC program,
- – Training Courses for leader, youth worker and facilitators in national and international level,
- – Organization of youth exchanges within the framework of the Youth Program,
- – Organization of seminars, conferences, workshops and youth initiatives projects for our members,
- – Offering leisure activities and social, cultural and sport activities for young people and adults,
- – Promoting European values and cooperation among students, teaching staff and all other workers in our local community,
- – Supporting people with fewer opportunities and those with special educational needs, immigrant
- – Taking active roles in determining youth policies at the local level.
Sivas is located between three valleys which composed by Kızılırmak, Yeşilırmak and Euphrates River. The city, where the first settlement dates back to 7000-5000 BC, acted as a witness many historical sites. Also, with its area of 28.488 km2, it is the second largest province of Turkey in terms of land width. Sivas, where the foundation of our Republic was founded along with the Sivas Congress convened on 4 September 1919, became one of the important cities of the Republican Period by hosting Atatürk and congress delegates for 108 days.
I would like to give you some advice on how to find the most convenient travel way with reasonable prices. I think you can find several direct flights from your city to Istanbul or maybe Ankara.
Istanbul – Sivas: There are daily domestic flights to Sivas from Istanbul Airport. The prices are about 25 EUR for one way if you reserve earlier. There is another international airport in Istanbul which is called Sabiha Gokcen Airport located in Anatolian part of Istanbul. There are two another domestic flights from that airport to Sivas. They are Anadolu Jet and Pegasus Airlines. The prices are about 25 – 30 euro for one way. But to transfer from Istanbul to Sabiha Gokcen takes 2 hours by airport shuttle service which costs 10 EUR for one way. If you think to travel Sivas by train forget it because it takes about 24 hours.
Maximum Travel Budget: 360,00 EUR
Pocket Money : 120,00 EUR x 2 MONTHS
Food allowance: 90,00 EUR X 2 MONTHS
To apply please forward your CV and a motivation letter (in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with a title: ‘ESC in Sivas, Turkey’.