Stowarzyszenie BONA FIDES i organizacja ProAtlantico – Associacao Juvenil z Portugalii poszukują wolontariuszy na zaakceptowany projekt EVS w Porto Salvo, w regionie Oeiras.
Zgłoszenia (CV i list motywacyjny w j. angielskim) prosimy przesyłać na adres email@example.com
Termin nadsyłania zgłoszeń: 08 listopada 2015
Projekt przewiduje różne działania, wiele z nich w dziedzinie młodzieży i polityki na rzecz młodzieży, ale nie tylko. ProAtlantico współpracuje z kilkoma organizacjami społecznymi: szkoły, domy seniora, organizacje zajmujące się imigrantami, centra młodzieżowe, ośrodki dzienne, instytucje dla osób niepełnosprawnych. Wolontariusz będzie współpracował bezpośrednio z grupami docelowymi organizacji partnerskich.
Receiving organization: ProAtlântico – Associação Juvenil
Location: Porto Salvo, Portugal
Project title: Discover yourself through EVS
Deadline: 08/11/ 2015
Duration: 9 months
The project “Discover yourself through EVS” is a long-term EVS activity,involving 2 volunteers from Poland that will be hosted by a ProAtlantico–Associação Juvenil in Porto Salvo,Portugal.The volunteers will never operate alone and they will never be directly in charge of a task.Usually they help the staff in the preparation of cultural,leisure and recreational activities for the users of the centers.The project foresees different activities,a lot of them set in the youth field and in youth policies,but not only.ProAtlantico works in partnership with several organisations from the community:schools, oster homes,immigrant organisations,youth centres,Senior daily centres,institutions for people with disabilities, So, the volunteer will colaborate directly with the target groups of the partner organisations.
In the frame of these activities,volunteer will be involved as following:
-Office:Help the team with administrative tasks;make contacts with European partners to establish partnerships;do posters for activities,edit the webpage of RO,create flyers for divulgation of RO projects,take photos of the activities, make promotional videos about ProAtlantico, etc.
-Logistic Support:in Summer Camps,New Year’s Eve,sports tournaments,cultural activities, intercultural evenings,picnics,festivals,training courses youth,exchanges,workcamps, and other events. It includes shopping,organisation and transport of materials and people,cleaning,decoration,building stages cooking etc.
-Help in the creation of activities(workshops,leisure time activities,courses, etc)
-Promotion of Casa Europa in the community
-Propose and implement specific activities related to the period of the holidays(ex: Christmas theatre play,build Carnival masks,games with Easter eggs)
-Divulgation of Erasmus+ Programme(in schools,Universities,youth clubs and youth events): organisation of exhibitions,presentations and conversations with Portuguese young people or future EVS volunteers to motivate young people to be more active or give visibility to their EVS project;
-Inform young people about the EVS experience as a volunteer in Portugal and also provide information about some aspects of the volunteer’ country
2. SCHOOL SUPPORT:
-Promotion of games and activities during the school breaks
-Give support to the teacher inside classes,helping the children to do exercises,specially those with special needs;
– Help the students to do homework or to study some specific subject
-Promote creative workshops like painting,singing,dancing,theatre,sports, etc.
-Take part in school events like: Parties:Christmas,School birthday,Farewell,Sports Week,Intercultural Week, etc.
-Going out of the school in study visits with the children/young people and teachers
-Participate in school clubs related to:Europe,Sports,Theatre,Dance
3. YOUTH CENTRE SUPPORT:local community or immigrants or ethnic minorities (African,Chinese,East Europe or Roma communities).
-Creation and implementation of a calendar of daily activities of the Youth Centre:games,group
– Activities during holidays related to special events(Summer camps,birthday parties)
-Give school support to children/young people with more difficulties
-Assist on computers use
-accompany children in external activities like go to the beach,Zoo
-work with kids from different ages from babies to young people
-leisure time activities for the young people,mainly on the period after school until dinner time;
-parties and special events/intercultural activities;
– support daily routines
5.SENIOR DAILY CENTRES:
– handicrafts,dance games,gymnastics workshops
– activities during holidays related to special events(ex:Christmas theatre play,build Carnival masks,trips,birthday parties religious
6. RESIDENCE FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
-colaborate in adapted workshops(ceramics painting,decorating
-therapeutic and leisure time activities(traditional games newspaper,playroom)
-sports activities(boccia, water adapted activities)
-recreational activities (tours,walkings)
The working methods used will be always non formal education.We will focus on the different geographic origin of volunteers involved to develop solidarity and promote active citizenship and mutual understanding among the volunteers themselves and also in the local community.The volunteer doesn’t have to be involved in all these activities(unless they wish so), it will depend of the motivation of the volunteer and the need of volunteers in each activity along the project.We believe the role of the EVS volunteer in RO is an active one.She/He is directly involved in planned activities in its different stages(preparation,development,monitoring and implementation). Also, a strong accent is being put on stimulating the EVS volunteers’ own initiatives and on the importance of personalizing their actions
What volunteer has provided:
– The ACCOMODATION will be provided by RO.ProAtlântico provide accommodation always shared with other volunteers.RO will provide towels and bed clothes in the beginning of the project.The accommodation might host local volunteers,Erasmus/Leonardo da Vinci students,etc. indicated by ProAtlântico and the volunteer will share his/her bedroom.The legal silence time must be
followed in order to respect the sleeping time of neighbours. From Sunday till Thursday the silence must be respected between 11 pm and 8 am and from Friday till Saturday is from 12 am till 9 am.Host guests and Couch Surfing is not allowed.
– Volunteers will work about 35 hours per week and they will have 2 days off per week and 2 days off per month. The role of the volunteers will be cooperate with the members of the association.A typical day of the volunteer starts at 10:00 am. This is the time ProAtlantico ask volunteers to arrive in office.They will make volunteers do a rotation with the other in order to let them work alternately in each of their activities.In this way it will be avoid a sense of fixed habits which could have a negative impact in their work, and at the same time their formative-learning process will be more complete.The objective of our association is to offer to volunteers a training and growth path through EVS.
– Volunteers will receive from RO the POCKET MONEY(100 EUR per month)and ProAtlântico will provide FOOD or the volunteers will receive also 150,00 Euros at the beginning of each month.
– travel funding in amount of 360,00 EUR in both ways.
We already have chosen 1 volunteer to participation in this project. We would like to give opportunity to be a part of the project also one more person.
The activities are open for all profiles of volunteers. The volunteers will be identified as they are eager and motivated to do their EVS in Porto Salvo, Portugal.
There are not any specific requirements regarding volunteers’ profile set by the RO. They only would like to have open minded volunteers, ready to work in the frame of our activities, with particular attitude towards social activities and work in office, with basic knowledge of English; aware of the kind of project thery are going to attend and of the local community, social environment and town in which they will live, with a true interest in the other cultures and good motivations on the contests of the project, and some commitment, professionalism, in order to make more efficient the experience of volunteering.As well, we ask a certain amount of flexibility, adaptability and patience especially in the first period of the project. Volunteer’s CV and motivation letter will be send to the organizations and after the communication established with the volunteer, ProAtlantico expressed it’s intention and interest for hosting.
ProAtlantico hopes to welcome volunteers with the following characteristics:
• Humanitarian and volunteer spirit;
• Great team-work skills;
• Open mind and respect for other cultures;
• Good communication skills;
• Spirit of adaptation and flexibility
• Respect for the Health and Safety norms.
• Dynamism and creativity
The chosen volunteer must follow the same principles:
• Solidarity: responsibility in accomplishing the ends of voluntary service;
• Participation: intervention in areas of great social interest;
• Cooperation: supporting the creation and implementation of the host organization’s projects;
• Responsibility: in the carrying out of the activities that volunteers commit to doing, given the expectations created in the people they are volunteering for.
The selection process will be carried out on three fundamental criteria: a good motivation letter not only justifying the interest on the project but in the values that the Erasmus + Programme contributes, a curriculum vitae(the best of Europass) in English with a photograph and finally sending adapted documentation to the organization and the project.
To ensure that the project meets the background and needs of the volunteers, we will ask them also to fill in a questionnaire about themselves as well as the activities and kinds of projects they are interested in. After the pre-selection, the receiving organisation contacts the volunteers through e-mail or skype to inform them about the activities, the special characteristics of Porto Salvo and Portugal, answer the questions of the volunteers, listen to their ideas and proposals. After this, the final selection is made and the results are announced to the interested parties.