Stowarzyszenie Bona Fides i niemiecka organizacja AfricAvenir poszukują wolontariusza na zaakceptowany projekt EVS w Berlinie pt. „Arrived in Berlin – well then? African Perspectives on Flight and Migration“.
Zgłoszenia (CV i list motywacyjny w języku angielskim) prosimy przesyłać na adres firstname.lastname@example.org .
Termin nadsyłania zgłoszeń: 2 marca 2018
Receiving organization: AfricAvenir
Location: Berlin, Germany
Duration: 12 months
The political situation in Germany and Europe has changed extensively. Not only has the number of refugees fleeing to Germany and Europe increased. The issue of flight and migration, and above all the arrival and ‘integration’ of refugees strongly determine the political agenda, the media coverage and the work and everyday life of many people. A lack of knowledge about the structural global origins of migration movements and a deficit of dialogue and exchange still causes a multitude of conflicts, especially in Berlin. This lack of knowledge about the global structural origins of migration yet has a particularly grave impact on immigrant refugees from African countries. The project seeks to eliminate these misunderstandings by creating a space in which refugees act and speak as experts
both about their own specific situation as well as the general backgrounds of migration
movements. In the long term, the project provides a multi-perspective contribution to the
fight against prejudices and enables active debates on current issues and developments.
Students, the interested public, activists, as well as the members of the association and EVS volunteers are also approached and invited to participate in discussions with representatives of African civil society organisations. Thereby, showing ways of a solidarity and a responsible engagement with the past and itseffects up to today’s society.
AfricAvenir International e. V. works in the fieldof political and development education with a focus on African-European relations. Our activities consist of an established mixture of classical formats such as workshops, lecture series, and publications, as well as cultural and artistic activities and movies.
YOU WOULD LIKE…
– to get to know diverse cultures and contribute to shaping the relationships between Africa and Europe?
– to organise events in a small dynamic team, to do research and develop your own concepts?
– to live in Berlin for 12 months?
– are a citizen of the European Union currently residing in the Republic of Poland?
– are able to acquaint yourself quickly with the operation methods of small non-profit organisations and are able to work independently?
– have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office and content management applications?
– are able to engage in diverse cultural contacts?
– speak English, and maybe French? You have acknowledge of German, and are prepared to develop your German through language courses?
– an interesting, intercultural, constructive and inspiring work environment
– a 32h/week, health insurance, public-transport ticket, holidays and a living costs allowance
– support with settling-in in Berlin