Stowarzyszenie BONA FIDES i KANE, Social Youth Development poszukują wolontariuszy na zaakceptowany projekt EVS w Volunaria.
Zgłoszenia (CV oraz list motywacyjny w języku angielskim) prosimy przesyłać na adres: email@example.com.
Termin nadsyłania zgłoszeń: 25/02/2018
Receiving organization: KANE, Social Youth Development
Location: Vounaria, Greece
Duration: 1 month
“Traditional Arts for Inclusion” is a short-term group EVS project that aspires to offer structured learning activities to youth with fewer opportunities. It is a creative, cultural, ecological and social project, which combines the traditional practices, creativity and modern life elements in a small rural area in the beautiful Messinia region.
This project will bring all participants closer to creative and traditional practices, such as traditional ceramics making, folklore art, and creation of different every-day products using material from the region (eg. Natural soap making, creation of decorative items, etc).
The project will involve 12 young volunteers from 6 countries for the duration of 1 month (4 weeks).
The location is 40 km far from Kalamata city, in the village Vounaria.
Vounaria has a population of 226 residents, who are engaged in traditional agricultural crops, production of oil and raisins, and tourism. They are also known in the field of handicrafts for their skills in pottery, which according to local tradition of the wider area was introduced by the founder of ancient Kolonides, Kolainos.
– Participating in the traditional ceramics making
– Coming into contact and supporting the every-day works in the village
– Creating handcrafts from natural material (olive tree left overs after the collection)
– Participation in cultural activities of the local area
– Creating cultural activities (music, painting, photography)
– Documenting the activities (video making, photos, creation of an exhibition)
– Taking care of the cleaning and protection of the area
– Presenting their own culture
The expected learning outcomes are:
– Experience another way of living in a rural area
– Practical and artistic skills
– Personal development
– Intercultural awareness
– Intercultural skills
– Interpersonal skills
– Learn how to take initiatives and develop personal projects
– Project management
– Cultural management and expression
– Team spirit
– Learning Greek
– Improving English language skills
– Using equipment such as video camera, photo camera, sound equipment etc.
We are looking for highly motivated volunteers to participate in a project like this one. They have to be aware that they will be living in a rural area, from the city and they will be working together with other international volunteers for 4 weeks.
We want to see:
– Willing to work in a team
– Willing to think and live “out of the box”
– Skills in arts and crafts will be appreciated but they are not necessary
– Language skills are not necessary although we would prefer at least basic English
– Experience in previous projects is not necessary. We will give priority to youth who didn’t
travel abroad before.
The project is only for youth with fewer opportunities but due to the nature of the project, the accommodation and the area where it is located, we cannot host people with physical disabilities.