The Bona Fides Association and the Slovakian organization „ECCSR DOBRO” are looking for volunteers for the „Dom Rafael” project.
The Applications (CV and cover letter) should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org In the title of the email, please write: „EVS in Bratislava, Slovakia, Dom Rafael – application”
Receiving organization : ECCSR DOBRO
Location : Bratislava, Slovakia
Deadline : 26/09/2018
Duration : 10 months
Mobility period : from 1st October 2018 to 31st July 2019 (the detailed dates can be changed but the number of days of the volunteering period stays always the same)
Dom RAFAEL is a new founded center. It is a non-profit organization organized in newly built 3-level building providing both health and social care for seriously and chronically ill, for people with mental and physical disabilities and their families. The center is situated in calm and pleasant surrounding of a park, yet easily accessible by car or public transport.
Dom Rafael offers 4 main services under one roof- Hospice, Nursing home, Special care for people with Alzheimer’s and Parkinson and on top of it Social care for adolescents with disabilities and special needs. This is provided with comprehensive care in a pleasant atmosphere by the professional multidisciplinary team composed of doctors, nurses, rehabilitation workers, specialized pedagogues and social workers. The capacity of the center is all year accommodation for 40 persons and daily stay for 20 persons.
The center also focuses on sheltered workshops- bakery and coffee shop. In addition it’s organizing different kind of daily activities for their clients – e.g. music therapy, art therapy, ergo therapy, physiotherapy and many others in order to bring a new alternative into the life of the handicapped people while respecting their specific characteristics and allowing them to decide independently and to participate actively. They create tasteful products with decorative and utility character, while staff is keen on broadening knowledge of the clients and on the development of their mental skills. A variety of clients of different age and life situations are staying in Dom RAFAEL, that’s why the establishment’s main essence is orientation towards family atmosphere and warm environment.
Additionally, Dom RAFAEL offers spiritual, psychological and consultative support for clients and their families. The center is located in a very attractive area of the capital city – surrounded by Lesopark Petrzalka (Citypark Petrzalka).
The volunteers will be important part of our team, working under professional guidance of our social workers and therapists. Own ideas and initiatives are very much appreciated. Typical tasks and activities of our volunteers would be:
– Possibility to work and support disabled people during the therapies (ergo therapy, music therapy etc.),
-Accompany and help elderly and seriously ill with their daily routine; arranges leisure time activities and events, being supportive with open heart and soul, being open to priceless conversations with people who usually overcame or are suffering after difficult accidents/ illnesses.
– Support people in development of their individual skills through the workshops (producing the objects from wood, paper or cloth which could be sold as presents for special occasions)
– Organize the presentation of the products made in the workshops and accompanying the clients while selling the products. Dom RAFAEL participates for example on Christmas markets while selling products made during workshops by disabled people.
– Assist the handicapped with different activities that develop their independence and social integration in the society e.g. shopping, swimming pool, physical activities, cultural and social events
– Help disabled people with daily tasks in sheltered workshops – helping in the bakery or coffee shop
– As Dom RAFAEL is in municipal park available also for public, volunteers will be involved in revitalizing the surrounding environment of the Dom RAFAEL complex – e.g. gardening activities, planting flowers and trees, watering plants.
– Team meetings – the volunteer is integrated in regular meetings of the staff and in the process of decision making of the activities done by her/him.
2 volunteers/11 months) The volunteers will work in the center based on Christian values so they need to respect them. minimum requirement EN language (intermediate).
ECCSR focuses on finding out what each young person offers (his/her abilities) and where he/she can imagine spending 11 or 12 months. During recruiting process ECCSR tries to talk individually with each candidate about his/her gifts, talents, skills and passions trying to find out the motivation and the best match with the hosting placement as possible. Recruitment process is done carefully with spending some time with each candidate for E+ volunteering. We want to find out his/her motivation, expectations. We try to have a personal contact with everyone, if needed one to one confidential conversation etc. Interview can give us more information about applicant’s level of the commitment. All organizations maintain the overall accessibility of E+ volunteering for all young people, without prejudice related to ethnic group, religion, sexual orientation or political opinion. When decision is done both, the volunteer and the hosting organization with the coordination of ECCSR, have to approve the final decision. Only after the both sides give a positive approval, the volunteer is accepted in the program and is consecutively prepared for his or her stay in the volunteering program in Slovakia.
For more informations about the selection phase check ECCSR page.