The Bona Fides Association and the Macedonian organization „Volunteers Centre Skopje ” are looking for 2 Polish volunteers the „Voices Magazine” project. The Applications (CV and cover letter) should be sent to : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com,
In the title of the email, please write: „EVS in Skopje, MACEDONIA (Voices Magazine) – application”
Receiving organization : Volunteers Centre Skopje
Location :Skopje, MACEDONIA
Deadline : 30/09/2018
Duration : 10-11 months
Start : 01/10/2018 (or later)
End : 09/2019 or 10/2019 (or later)
Tasks of the volunteer :
VOICES magazine is online monthly magazine, with four printed editions yearly, issued in three languages – in English and in both official languages of Macedonia: Albanian and Macedonian. Project aims to promote and support active citizenship and active involvement of the young people in the life of their community. Work in the magazine helps both to EVS volunteers and to local volunteers to gain skills that are important for them in order to be a part of civil society: critical thinking, media literacy and argumentation skills. Young people learn to be more active citizens who are monitoring events and processes in the society and know how to involve in and impact solving of different matters.
There are few main blocks of activities in which volunteer will be involved:
– Planning and evaluation activities. Meetings with the mentor and staff workers of the organization to plan the work and set tasks, to exchange ideas, plans and actualities, as well as to monitor the progress of the project and to reflect on the development and intercultural learning process of the volunteer.
– Activities related to the publishing and distribution of the magazine: workshops with professional journalists and cooperation with various media, researching, following events and actualities, meeting and interviewing young people and experts in different fields, taking pictures, editing texts, coordinating translations, making design and publishing on issue, posting texts on blog, distributing magazine, searching for new local volunteers.
– Assistance in the current projects of the organization.The volunteers will assist in the office work and activities that are related to their EVS project. This includes updating organization website, helping to organize local and international seminars and exchanges, and participating in the promotional events of the EVS, non-formal education and volunteerism.
– Cooperation with local community: involvement in other projects that are organized in cooperation among Volunteers Centre Skopje and our local partners. With aim to encourage and facilitate exchange of experiences and best practices, the volunteer will organize creative workshops in the Daily centre for children from the streets (Roma children), upon the interest and skills of the volunteer. The workshops will be implemented one-two times per week. As well, the volunteer will be engaged in organizing and implementing non-formal education workshops in the carrier centers in the high schools in Skopje, where VCS has established cooperation. The workshops will be based on development of soft skills among the students/pupils in the high schools.
– Planning and realizing individual project. We have planned more time for individual project, because we have realized that volunteers have very different interests and ideas and that they are mostly interested to develop some of their ideas and to organize more activities for local people. Mentor will help volunteer to realize their own project and to get contacts needed for that.
– Learning activities that include language lessons and skills. Volunteers Centre Skopje will provide basic technical skills training that is required for successful performance of the tasks of the volunteers. This might include journalism and design skills, media and cultural production workshops, as well as basic training in writing grant applications and project management under Erasmus + Programme. The volunteers will attend Macedonian language lessons at least two times per week for their entire stay in Macedonia.
You will have your own room in one of the NGOs flats in «Kisela Voda», really close to the office. In the first one there are 3 rooms, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen with living room and 1 balcony. In other one, there are 4 rooms, 1 living room, 1 bathroom and 1 balcony. It’s close to markets «Vero and Maxi D» and lots of commodities. Flats are located 15 min from city center by walk.
Currency: In Macedonia we use Macedonian denars (MKD).The current exchange rate : 1 EUR = 61.5 MKD. You can exchange euros and denars without any problems here. Most of the biggest shops and restaurants accept also credit cards, but take care about fees of your bank.
Mentor: Your mentor will help to arrange practical things and stay in Skopje. During the first days he/she will take you around the city and show the most interesting places. During the whole project the mentor will help you with practical arrangements and other issues. You will have regular meetings with your mentor and share with him/her your expectations and your possible issues or problems.
Participants’ profiles :
– strong motivation for work in a different area;
– volunteers must be active, flexible, creative, responsible, with good communication skills, ready for teamwork;
– volunteers must be
– volunteers should be ready for independent life, open to living for people from different countries.
How to apply :
The Applications (CV and cover letter) should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the end of September’18. In the title of the email, please write: „EVS in Skopje, MACEDONIA (Voices Magazine) – application”