Bona Fides Association and the KROODO Center Initiative are looking for polish volunteers to join their EVS project in Russia. The application forms, Curriculum Vitae and cover letter have to be sent to the following mails: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com Please, write in the title ”EVS in Russia”
Location: Petrozavodsk – northwest of Russia
Dates: 05/2019 – 11/2019 (6 months)
Karelian regional non-profit organization of additional education Center “Initiative” (KROODO Center Initiative) was established in 2003. Mission of the organization is to help young people realize their potentials for successful integration into modern society. For that reason, the Center “Initiative” is an organization specialized in:
- Language Studio that offers foreign language courses for Russian children, young people and adults from Petrozavodsk and the Republic of Karelia.
- Russian courses for foreigners.
- Educational and Exchange Programs abroad for the Russian residents.
- Implementing local social projects aimed at promoting volunteering and intercultural communication.
- Organizing the work of the English Lessons (choosing topics, leading the discussions).
- Preparing the events of the “Language Club”\”Discussion Club” for young and adult people (choosing the main theme, making up the scenario, looking for interesting materials, preparing some decoration).
- Assist the teachers’ lessons in the “Enjoy Russian” language school in Petrozavodsk
- Preparing and carrying out the events for schoolchildren. The daily work with children and youth offers a wide variety of exchange possibilities (music and songs, dance, storytelling, literature…).
- Support the staff of the International Camp for Children
- Help in organization of some famous events of the city (eg. the day of national games, the mind game for childre, April Fool’s Day, Earth Day…)
- Work with children from orphanages of Karelian region and children with the physical and mental disabilitie (optional)
- Preparing and carrying English and Polish classes and workshops for the local community
- Shoot a video clip devoted to ESC, cultures, countries, sightseeing
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD AND TRANSPORT ARRANGEMENTS
The accommodation, travel expenses, food and pocket money, local transportation, health insurance and language lessons are covered and financed by the European Commission. Usually EVS volunteers are accommodated in a host family (1 person per 1 room). Actually they have to share domestic facilities with a volunteer or family members. But each volunteer always has separated room, because it is important to have privacy for the volunteers. Volunteers will be able to use the kitchen and all facilities. Volunteers are provided with necessary kitchen equipment and bed-linen.
We appreciate a volunteer with motivation to work with children and youth, with organizing skills; creativity and artistic skills. We expect a person ready to accept difficulties with an open mind and good sense of humor. Readiness to learn Russian and to communicate in Russian; (knowledge of Russian is advisable, but not obligatory. Russian language courses will be given for free). Readiness to promote culture. And the most important, positive attitude.