Bona Fides Association and de Hoge Rielen are looking for Polish volunteers to join their European Solidarity Corps project in Kasterlee in BELGIUM. To apply please send your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to the following emails: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org Please, write in the title ”ESC in de Hoge Rielen, Belgium”
- Location: Kasterlee, Belgium
- Deadline: 18/04/2019
- Duration: 8 months
- Mobility period: 04/2019 – 15/12/2019
DESCRIPTION OF THE ORGANISATION
De Hoge Rielen offers quality accommodation (buildings and campgrounds) for groups and individuals, in priority to youth groups. De Hoge Rielen has a major asset: its pure nature. Respect for the environment is very important here. As well are an adventure, playing in the woods, forest workshops, educational, adventurous and sports activities… You’ll never have a dull moment here!
De Hoge Rielen was once a military domain. Today, freedom is the dominant force here. Whatever you do: we will do everything possible to boost your creativity and stimulate own initiatives. This domain is one of the largest children’s forests of Flanders, over 230 ha. It’s a delightful destination for people with a youthful spirit. Each group has its own spot on the domain. Youth groups come to de Hoge Rielen for multiday group activities, a youth camp, with school, for welcome days, a training… The domain offers many possibilities such as vast forests and nature, sleeping accommodations, camping facilities and campfires, a theatre, a sports hall and fields, a bar and a restaurant.
De Hoge Rielen is located in the forests of the small municipality of Kasterlee, in the province of Antwerp. Kasterlee is situated in Flanders, the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium. Dutch will also be the main language used during the service.
ESC – VOLUNTEERS
De Hoge Rielen is both a host and a coordinating organisation.
Learning opportunities for the volunteer:
- Getting to know the different aspects (organization, impact…) of youth work in Belgium
- Learning how to work in a team (by setting up small scale projects together)
- Learning how to guide different youth groups and how to prepare activities and workshops
- Getting to know himself/herself better and increasing self-confidence
- Respect for (inter)cultural diversity and different people
Role of the volunteer:
- Increasing the interculturality in the organisation
- Being himself/herself but into other values and norms
- Giving new impulses and ideas
- Supporting the daily activities of the different services, as there are: helping at the reception and informing groups about their stay, making deliveries to the groups since we have our own food ordering system on a car-free domain, keeping the bar open in winter and summer, helping at the restaurant where the groups eat, guiding groups in activities and workshops, guiding the rope course and climbing forest.
Attitudes and skills:
The most important attitudes and skills are: enjoy being in nature, enjoy working with youth groups, sense of responsibility, flexible attitude, great independence, willing to learn, able to work independently and to take initiative.
There are already 3 volunteers at the domain who will also stay until December.
You can follow the experiences from them and other previous volunteers on their blog: https://evsdehogerielen.wordpress.com/
+32 14 55 84 22
MORE INFO: https://europa.eu/youth/volunteering/organisation/925710674_nl