Bona Fides Association and Solidarity Tracks are looking for Polish volunteers to join their European Voluntary Service project in Lefkas, Greece. To apply please send your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to the following emails: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org Please, write in the title ”EVS in Lefkas – application”
- Deadline: 03/07/2019
- Duration: 6 months
- Mobility period: June 2019 – October 2019 (FLEXIBLE)
Time banking is a pattern of reciprocal service exchange that uses units of time as
currency. It is an example of an alternative monetary system.
A time bank, also known as a service exchange, is a community that practices time banking.
The mission of an individual time bank influences exactly which services are offered. In some places, time banking is adopted as a means to strengthen the community as a whole. Other time banks are more oriented towards social service, systems change and helping
underprivileged groups. In some time banks, both are acknowledged goals.
The unit of currency, always valued at an hour’s worth of any person’s labour. Communities
use time banking as a tool to forge stronger intra-community connections, a process known as “building social capital”.
• Everyone is an asset
• Some work is beyond a monetary price,
• Reciprocity in helping,
• Social networks are necessary,
• Respect for all human beings.
Ideally, time banking builds community. Time Bank members sometimes refer to this as a
return to simpler times when the community was there for its individuals.
– to develop a monthly newsletter (where they can see which are the services that the
participants offer and require and to have information about activities organized by time bank):
– send it to the participants
– put in contact people (for demand services or activities the participants have to contact
directly with the organization because all the personal information is private)
– Organize group exchanges of time (Like excursions, departures, trekking, street events…)
– to organize two group meetings per month in order to discuss some group initiatives, propositions, improvements, demands or exchange ideas.
– to manage the time bank’s facebook group of Lefkas.
– to disseminate the activities of Lefkada’s Timebank.
– to help in Solidarity Tracks office.
– to cooperate with the administrator of time bank website for technical support and to keep updated the webpage
– to cooperate with local MEDIA, volunteers of the Radio-Net «project of Solidarity Tracks Organization, to do emissions.
– to create DVD and videos that enhance the results of these activities and make her project more visible.
Hosting Organisation: Solidarity Tracks
Our youth EVS projects will take place in Lefkada.
The island of Lefkada, also called Lefkas, is the fourth largest island of the Ionian Islands,
after Zakynthos, Kefalonia and Corfu. It has an area of 303 square kilometres, a coastline of 117 kilometres and a population of about 22.000 inhabitants. Lefkada is an island with a
wide spiritual tradition and it’s situated 378 km from Athens.
You will be hosted at Volunteer home in Lefkas which is in the centre of the city very close to cafes, bars, clubs, restaurants, shops and close to the seaside as well.
The volunteer home consists of 3 rooms (each room is shared by 2 volunteers, total 6
volunteers in the volunteer house). At the house, there is also one bathroom, kitchen,
balcony and small garden shared with the flatmates.
You will take a lump sum of 150€ per month for food.
You will receive 120€ per month.