Bona Fides Association and GENÇ GİRİŞİM are looking for Polish volunteers to join their European Voluntary Service project in Ankara, Turkey. To apply please send your Curriculum Vitae and a motivational letter to the following emails: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please, write in the title ”ESC in Ankara – application”
Location: Ankara, Turkey
Duration: 6 months
Our club “Young Initiative Education, Youth and Sports Club Association” has been established in 10.03.2015.
We carry out activities on individuals with low family income, suffering poverty, deprivation and social exclusion in the field of education. Our action goes to prevent them give up education, to activate a deep cultural change and build their own interactive community of informed and passionate individuals and internalize the values of European Citizenship.
We are accredited organization for Hosting-Coordinating-Sending organization for European Voluntary Service. By this mean, we are the Hosting and Coordinating organization for the project ‘Let’s Make it with Sport’ which will take place in Ankara, Turkey.
This programme has been planning under the spirit of EVS and focusing on the following learning objectives:
- Communication in the mother tongue
- Communication in foreign languages
- Mathematical competence and basic competences in science
- and technology
- Digital competence
- Learning to learn
- Social and civic competence
- Sense of initiative and entrepreneurship
- Cultural awareness and expression
EVS volunteer will have the opportunity to participate in many different activities and projects throughout the EVS. These main activities can be categorized in two parts as office works and outdoor activities.
Why this project?
Because we want to:
- Raise awareness about sport in our society;
- Get locals involved as much as possible;
- Raise cultural awareness through having a intercultural environment;
- Get a large number of people introduced with Erasmus+ programme and
- its limitless opportunities;
- Extend Network at organizational and community level;
- Build bridges of communications between volunteers and locals;
- Promote Erasmus+ programme and European citizenship;
- Promote healthy lifestyle in the communities where the project will take
The main tasks of the volunteer at the GENÇ GİRİŞİM (Young Initiative) Office and outdoor during EVS:
The volunteer will work 7 hours per day, 5 days per week. Saturdays and Sundays are free. Working Hours: 09:30-17:00
Holidays: The volunteer will have two consecutive days off per week and will also have two days of holiday per month for the whole duration of the EVS project. Sometimes the volunteer will give a hand on projects at weekends. In this case, the volunteer will have compulsory days off.
Volunteers will be involved in the following activities:
Some of the activities, that will be implemented during the EVS experience are listed below:
- Collaboration with educational institutions and associations for the promotion of
- school sport;
- Collaboration with university and public entities for the development of sport
- Promotion of the European youth programs to the young people in the
- community and participation in youth exchanges.
- To organize Cultural events (conference, seminars, art exhibitions, sport
- To organize workshop on outdoor activities(sport activities where involving
- To prepare presentations about Erasmus+ (YiA);
- To attend Turkish lessons two times per week;
- To organize National cultures/language workshop (presentations about their
- own culture, school activities with children/preparing presentations in schools like
- video, PPT etc).
- To give basic information about youth activities in universities: European
- youth opportunities;
- To update social media of the organization (Facebook page and databases);
- To participate in every special events organized by the organization;
- To participate in the meetings in high schools;
- To participate in every special events organized by the organization;
- To organize English conversation clubs;
- To organize intercultural activities.
Language Support and Mentor
Turkish Language Lessons are the compulsory part of the weekly schedule. The language course will be adjusted according to the volunteers needs.
The volunteers will receive language support 5 hrs per week in order to facilitate their communication with locals and to ‘survive’ for their daily necessities.
We will provide mentorship to the volunteers. Our mentor is experienced in Erasmus+ programme and is a local citizen which will support the adaption process of the volunteer in the hosting community.
Non-formal and informal education
Moreover, the volunteer will join the projects, which are implemented by experts and international and Turkish volunteers. Any contribution to improve the project is requested and welcomed. According to their interest, the EVS volunteers will have the possibility to join other projects, which are national or international and hosted by Genç Girişim. Thus, volunteers can spend their free times in effective and enjoyable way.
Ankara – is the capital of Turkey and the country’s second largest city. Located in Central Anatolia, Ankara is an important commercial and industrial city. It is the center of the Turkish Government, and houses all foreign embassies. It is an important crossroads of trade, strategically located at the center of Turkey’s highway and railway networks, and serves as the marketing center for the surrounding agricultural area. The population of Ankara – more than 5,5 mln.
Office of Genç Girişim located in the central part of the city named Çankaya.
The travel costs will be reimbursed ONLY by presenting the boarding pass, receipt of complete and original tickets, invoices, bills, etc. The reimbursement will be done before the volunteer’s departure after completing on-line check-in.
Volunteers will be accomodate in an apartment pretty close to the center of Ankara. The location offers safety and security for volunteers and makes it easy to any kind of transportation. The apartment due to its location it makes it easy to reach at any hour during the day and night.
As there will be two volunteers hosted at a given time, they will share the apartment together. Each volunteer will have its own room and will share the common space such as: living room, kitchen and bathrooms.
Free Internet connection will be provided for them(WiFi).
The volunteers will be reimbursed in case of using the local transport for reaching our office or other working places.
They will need to collect the tickets and we will reimburse once for the whole month. There are many options of transport such as: Metro, public buses, mini-buses (dolmus) and taxi (which is affordable in case you use for short distances in case of any emergency).
The volunteer will receive:
Food Money – € 80 per month (Payments will be done cash in Turkish
Currency semi monthly in two installment for each month).
Pocket Money – € 120 per month (Payments will be done cash in Turkish
Currency within first 5 days of each month).
All volunteers who have completed their EVS project are entitled to a certificate called a Youthpass signed by the Head of the Youth Agency.
More details about the Youthpass Certificate:
The volunteers will work five days per week with a total of 35 working hours. Two days will be free-days. Additionally, each month the volunteers will have two extra days off that they can use when they want to visit or plan something on their own. The volunteers will work in the office, at school, in local community and at local sports club organizing different activities.