Bona Fides Association and Maison de l’Europe en Mayenne are looking for Polish citizens or residents of Poland to join their European Solidarity Corps project in Laval, France, as volunteers. To apply please send your Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter to the following emails: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please, write in the title “EVS in Laval, France”.
- Location: Laval, France
- Deadline: 26/08/2019
- Duration: 12 months
- Mobility period: 02/09/2019 – 01/08/2020
We still look for – 1 Polish citizen or resident of Poland as a volunteer in Habitat Jeunes for “Ambassadors of Europe and mobility – Habitat Jeunes”.
TASKS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE VOLUNTEER
- Creating animations and events for the evenings in the 3 houses Habitat Jeunes of Laval (cultural evenings, sport events, movies…)
- Helping in the preparation of the “Week Habitat Jeunes” Participating in the translation of documents such as flyers, posters etc.
- Managing a Facebook page and a newsletter
- Setting up activities linked with European mobility supporting the animators (both vacancies are coordinated by the House of Europe of Mayenne but the placement would take place in the 3 youth homes of Habitat Jeunes in the city of Laval.)
- Citizenship and democratic participation
- Education and training
- Creativity and culture
- From EU country
- Interest in animation and organising events
- Team work
- Open-minded and curious
- Good communication skills in English (at least) and French
- Good ICT skills (internet, social networks…)
- A first experience in animation would be great
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD AND TRANSPORT ARRANGEMENTS
Accommodation will be in one of the home of Habitat Jeunes in Laval city center to facilitate the 2 volunteers’ social integration. They will have their own room but they will share an apartment together with a third person. They will be surrounded by French and foreign young people living there and will have the possibility to participate in sport and cultural activities proposed by Habitat Jeunes. There is possibility to eat in the canteen or to prepare your own meals. In counterpart, the volunteers will be asked to respect the rules of the home: avoiding making noise after 22:00, etc.
TRAINING DURING THE PROJECT
Volunteers will follow a starting seminar at the beginning of their projects with other foreign volunteers in France. They will have a second seminar in the middle of the project. These seminars are compulsory and organised by the French National Agency. OLS courses in French or another language.