Bona Fides Association and Momentum World are looking for Polish citizens or residents of Poland to join their “Volunteer for sustainability and environment” Erasmus+ voluntary project in Keswick, United Kingdom, as volunteers. To apply please send your Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter to the following emails: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, write in the title “EVS in Keswick, UK”.
- Location: Keswick, United Kingdom
- Deadline: As soon as possible
- Duration: 10 month
- Mobility period: September 2019 – June 2020
Momentum World is a not for profit international education and training provider based in the UK. Our mission is to enhance the career prospects of young people. We are now working within 4 strategic themes reflecting both our knowledge and expertise as an organisation, and the types of partnerships we have developed over the last 10 years. All our projects now support one or more of these themes:
- Reducing social isolation
- Intercultural learning and heritage
- Digital media
We have a strong track record in all these areas, working across formal and non-formal education. Our courses encourage young people to develop internationally transferable/transversal skills for employability. We emphasise progressive personal development through long term engagement with young people. For this reason, partnership with other organisations is important to us. We work with schools as well as non-formal youth groups.
You will have the opportunity to develop your skills, grow as a person, learn independence, live the British culture and make an impact in the local and wider community.
TASKS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE VOLUNTEER
As part of your volunteer role you will:
- Contribute to sustainable tourism and sustainability education
- Work with the local community to promote environmental awareness
- Develop competences in environmental work (Infrastructure maintenance, forestry, resource, construction and environmental management skills) and environmental education
- Deliver youth activities
- Work in an office environment covering all aspects (Fundraising, administration, logistics, project management, social media)
- Use film and media to showcase your work
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD AND TRANSPORT ARRANGEMENTS
Accommodation: You will have your own room in a shared flat in the town of Keswick. There is a shared kitchen, 2 bathrooms and a nice sized living area. The flat is walking distance of the shops and surrounding areas.
Food and pocket money: You will receive £200 per month for your food allowance and £120 per month for your personal allowance. We will help you to set up a bank card to receive your money (usually Pockit)
Travel reimbursement: we will return you the money for your travel to and back from the project. Keep in mind we will return the money up to the limit, which depends on the distance of travel (the limit is for both ways):
100 and 499 KM: EUR 180
500 and 1 999 KM: EUR 275
2 000 and 2 999 KM: EUR 360
You can always check which category you are using a travel distance calculator: https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus- plus/resources/distance-calculator_en