Bona Fides Association and Open Mind organization are looking for active and passionate volunteers from Poland or residents, to join our Solidarity Corps projects in Shipka, Kazanlak, Bulgaria, focused on cultural and educational activities. To apply please send your Curriculum Vitae and Motivational letter to the following emails: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Location: Shipka, Kazanlak, Bulgaria
Duration: 12 months
Mobility period: July- August 2020 – September 2021
– The project is in its context a project in public benefit, focused on improving the quality of life in the Rose Valley. The project will assist the OPEN MIND foundation and the Cultural Center of Shipka in their goal to transform Shipka into a modern cultural, historic and tourist town and make it a cultural tourism landmark. Alongside this work, OPEN MIND work for a zero life style +better waste management system
– OPEN MIND has also started children learning center, using alternative education methods, such as suggestopedia, Montesori, Waldorf.
– With a clear understanding that the overall level and quality of life depends upon the subjective well-being of every individual, we have created the plan for the project activities to resonate with the actual problems of the local community.
-Learning and applying alternative education methods: sugestopedia, waldorf education, montesori to teach children a foreign language;
-Educational and other activities for community waste;
-Writing articles and online content on natural learning & waste management, permaculture, etc;
-Maintenance and adding new signs. to eco-trail “In the footsteps of Felix
Vogeli” that has been created by the OPEN MIND foundation and the
Initiative Committee for Protection of the forest, Shipka with the help of
ERASMUS volunteers in 2017
-Learning activities with kids about importance of the ecosystem benefits of the forest.
-Organization of cultural and educational activities. Support to the works of
the local library, arts gallery and museum
-Maintenance of ecological center and gardens, and development of abandoned green areas into new gardens.
-Learning about permaculture design. Design exercises.
• Flow 1 – 2 Volunteers from June (or July-Aug) 2020 to Sept, 2021.
activities: alternative education methods, waste
management, permaculture learning,
• Flow 2 – 3 Volunteers from June (or July or Aug), 2020 to Sept, 2021
Activities: Community and culture – weekly activities with children, monthly cinema projections, learning crafts, cultural and community
• Shared house in Shipka including internet access and garden. 2 people are in a rented house and 3 people are in the OPEN MIND demonstration center house (where is also OPEN MIND office)