Bona Fides Association and The Hosting Organisation “Department of Leisure and Public Health” are looking for 2 volunteers from Poland or residents, to join our European Solidarity Corps project “Hubs of European Solidarity” in Borås, Sweden, in order to work with children and young people. To apply please send your Curriculum Vitae to the following emails: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org Please, write in the title ”ESC in Borås”
- Location: Borås, Sweden
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Duration: 12 months
- Mobility period: March 2021 – March 2022
The aim of the project “Hubs of European Solidarity” is to spread good examples and populate our youth centres and activity houses with good-quality free time activities with the help of the volunteers. The volunteers will involve visitors in taking part and organising free time activities for their own sake but also for the community.
Our mission is to provide our community with meaningful leisure time; which takes place in our youth centres and meeting places located in different areas of the city. In Borås there are nine youth centres for young people between 10 and 18 years old, an activity house for young adults (16-29 years old), three meeting places and two activity houses open to everyone.
TASKS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE VOLUNTEER
The project consists of 3 Activities located in 3 different units of Meeting Places and Open Youth Centres in Borås Municipality:
- Activity 1: “Hässlehuset 3.0” Hässlehuset is an activity house located in a neighbourhood of Borås open to all ages. In the house you will find different activities such as citizen service, language café or homework. The volunteers’ tasks will be to support the staff in the daily activities.
- Activity 2: “Mötesplats Kristineberg” Kristineberg youth centre is open to children and young people between 10 and 18 years old and is part of a bigger building containing a library, meeting place and open preschool. The volunteers will work together with the staff in the everyday activities of the youth centre.
- Activity 3: “Sjöbo & Parasport” Sjöbo youth centre is located by the local square together with some shops, restaurants, a library and a meeting place. It offers activities for children and young people aged 10-18, such as pool, board games, arts and crafts, gaming, etc. The volunteers will work together with the staff in the everyday activities of the youth centre.
- Volunteers that can (or want to learn to) lead activities for children and young people.
- Genuine interest in working with children and young people.
- Willing to learn Swedish.
- Thriving in a dynamic environment where there are many things going on.
ACCOMMODATION AND OTHER ARRANGEMENTS
- Working hours: 35 hours a week, including 6 hours dedicated to learning Swedish
- 25 vacation days a year.
- Shared accommodation: every volunteer has their own room and shares public spaces with others.
- Food and pocket money: 3550 SEK a month (around 350 €).
- Transport: bus card provided by the organisation.
- Free access to public swimming pools and library card.
Check the Facebook page for more information: https://www.facebook.com/escboras/