Bona Fides Association and The Rising Stars are looking for volunteers from Poland or residents, to join our European Solidarity Corps project “Solidarity stars from you(th)” in Messina, Italy, in order to work with children and young people. To apply please send your Curriculum Vitae to the following emails: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com Please, write in the title ”ESC in Messina, Sicily”
- Location: Sicily, Italy
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Duration: 10 months
- Mobility period: February 2021 – December 2021
The main objective pursued by the association is to generate interest in the community, thus promoting the social integration of citizens. The activities for the volunteers are equally divided into Training and Volunteering.
The aim of the activities is to learn new languages; to gain experience in the field of youth work; to experiment different fields in order to understand better what the volunteers want to do in the future. We wish to offer to the volunteers a full immersion in the life of our Country, town and youth center in order for them to develop personally and professionally.
TASKS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE VOLUNTEER
- Erasmus+ informative center. In the beginning, the volunteers will assist the experienced operators of the center in helping the young people approaching it. When they feel ready, they can try to organize their own workshops and coaching sessions.
- International projects. The Rising Stars (TRS) staff will tutor the volunteers in writing and implementing a youth exchange. Also, the volunteers will be taught how to look for partners in SALTO YOUTH.
- Social media. Volunteers will study social media principles and put them in practice through the creation of a Facebook and Instagram account dedicated to this project.
- Video editing: TRS has some technological instruments (HD camera, microphone) to make videos. If keen on video making, the volunteers will have the chance to participate in the Erasmus+ informative center youtube channel and TRS web radio.
- Spreading Erasmus+ info. TRS staff, in collaboration with EUducation Italy, will help the volunteers to go in the local schools and universities to spread the knowledge about the Erasmus+ program and the mobility opportunities offered by the European Union.
- Teaching English. Volunteers will also have the chance to implement some English lessons in middle and high schools.
- Other associations on the territory. According to their interests we will propose them to collaborate with other associations in our local communities, as Casa Ahmed (who hosts refugees); In Cammino Onlus (that organizes events linked to the inclusion of disabled youngsters) etc.
- Volunteers that want to learn Italian language.
- Genuine interest in working with children and young people.