Bona Fides Association and Ostello dei Balocchi are looking for 2 volunteers from Poland or residents, to join our European Solidarity Corps project in Italy, in an sustainable hostel with donkeys. To apply contact to the following emails: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please, write in the title ”ESC in Ligonchio”
- Location: Ligonchio, Italy
- Deadline: 15th March
- Duration: 7 months
- Mobility period: April 2021 – November 2022
Ostello dei Balocchi is the first touristic service in the area that connects the traditional hospitality of the mountains with the patient company and the slow walking of the donkeys. The hostel is located in the National Park of Appennino Tosco – Emiliano. This building was previously the primary school of Ligonchio village but it has been totally renovated and expanded in order to adapt it to offer a simple and good hospitality.
Its aim is to combine sustainable tourism with local traditions and territory enhancement. This happens especially trough different activities based on the rediscovery the traditions and the life in touch with nature.
TASKS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE VOLUNTEER
Volunteers will be fully involved into the main activities run by Ostello dei Balocchi, in particular they will:
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of educational workshops for children and teens (6-14 years): support in the facilitation, conduction of some workshops, support in the group management according to the inclination of the volunteers.
- Provide assistance during excursions with donkeys, trekking and summer camps: preparing the donkeys, assisting the children with tents, organising educational activities for children.
- Provide assistance to the staff for daily activities: welcoming of the guests, cleaning of the hostel and of the surrounding area, performing small maintenance, supporting kitchen activities.
- Provide assistance in the care of donkeys: not only feeding and cleaning but in terms of creating a positive creation with the animals.
- Support the implementation of Youth Exchanges hosted at Ostello dei Balocchi, in particular logistics, workshops and kitchen duties.
- Available and interested to live in an isolated small village in the Tuscan-Emilian Appennines.
- MUST be aged between 18 and 30.
- Willing to live inside the hostel with little or no internet connection.
- Ready to share the spaces, food with guests and staff.
- Strong motivation to work with children and to do activities closely with the donkeys.
- Animal and outdoor life lover.
- Available to sleep, during trekking, in a tent.
Check the infopack for more information: https://youthforeurope.eu/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Ostello-dei-Balocchi-ESC-Infopack-2021.pdf