Bona Fides Association and Buinho Associação, are looking for 2 volunteers from Poland or residents, to join our ESC project “Precious Plastic Alentejo” in Messejana, Portugal, in order to work with children and recycled plastic. To apply please send your CV to the following emails: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, write in the title ”ESC in Messejana, Portugal”
- Location: Messejana, Portugal
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Duration: 6 months
- Mobility period: November 2021 – April 2022
Our current project is innovative because it addresses the needs of the local communities while helping to promote best practices in waste management and recycling. Recycling units that are not only capable of collecting and separating plastic waste, but also to transform recycled plastic into multiple new products with original design.
A Precious Plastic workshop is above all a neighbourhood recycling factory, a space to gather a community, share a purpose, develop new ideas and contribute for a better world.
OBJECTIVES OF THIS PROJECT
- Place the Messejana Precious Plastic Recycling center at the service of neighboring communities, increasing the scale of intervention and responding to the needs of the territory.
- Develop an educational program dedicated to sustainability, with practical activities in the areas of recycling, repair, and biomaterials.
- Enable other organizations and local communities to develop their own resources to reduce the volume plastic debris.
- Promotion of a maker, creative and resilient culture in our region, linking the different values of our project in Messejana with those of others in neighboring locations.
TASKS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE VOLUNTEER
- Operation of the recycling machines, namely the shredder, extruder, compressor and injector.
- Washing and preparation of the plastic waste for recycling.
- Development of products made of recycled plastic.
- Making presentations and special activities with neighboring communities around Messejana.
- Support in the building of the Precious Plastic Machines suitable for the creation of a distributed network of recycling nodes.
- Support to study visits and school workshops developed in the recycling center.
- Information, contact, and engagement with the local communities for education in recycling between others…
You must to be motivated to learn:
- How to work and create ith digital prototyping tools and software, including3D Printing and laser cutting.
- Identifying different plastic materials, their mechanical characteristic, impact on the environment, and suitability for recycling.
- Learn about plastic recycling procedures including collection, sorting, washing and storage.
- Thriving in a dynamic environment where there are many things going on.
- How to use the precious plastic workshop and understand plastic waste cycle of transformation.
- Development of educational activities based on the intersection of sustainability, technology and creativity.
- Act responsively and contribute to the creation of a more secure, creative and clean environment.
ACCOMMODATION AND OTHER ARRANGEMENTS
- The participants will be accommodated in the beautiful small town of Messejana, in a three bedrooms house, that will be shared by all three volunteers.
- The house is fully equipped and free Wi-Fi access is available in all interior and exterior spaces.
- The volunteers will receive food support of two meals per day, complemented by a pocket money of 5 € per day that will be given at the end of each month in cash.
- The working hours are a maximum of 35 hours per week, from Tuesdays till Saturdays.
- The Portuguese language course will consist of the use of OLS (Online Language Support).
- Travel expenses from home country to the venue of the project will be reimbursed by Buinho in the maximum amount approved in the agreement.
- We provide bicycles to our volunteerss for free. They just need to keep them in a good condition.
If you have any question please send an email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org