Bona Fides Association and The Cologne Volunteer Center are looking for volunteers to join a volunteering project in Cologne, and have an opportunity to work with local community (seniors and children). If you are interested, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. your application in German.
Your application should include these documents:
- – the application form see download https://www.koeln-freiwillig.de/wpcontent/uploads/2020/12/ESC_application_form_KFA_2021_2022.pdf
- – a CV with photo
- – a priority list: which hosting project are you interested in? You can tell us up to three priorities for hosting projects in Köln
- – a letter of introduction inclouding your motivation for each chosen project of your three priorities
- Location: Cologne, Germany
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Duration: 12 months
- Mobility period: September 2022 – September 2023
The Cologne Volunteer Center is a local coordinating organisation and we coordinate several hosting projects in Köln/Germany.
They coordinate the following hosting projects:
-> Altenzentrum Porz – Urbach (senior center)
-> Don Bosco Club (Catholic institution of open children and youth work)
-> Internationale Schule (International school)
-> Alte Schule Widdersdorf (school)
DESCRIPTION OF THE ACTIVITIES and VOLUNTEERS TASK
Altenzentrum Porz – Urbach
– Organize leisure activities (handicrafts, games, cooking).
– Prepare breakfast and help with meals.
– Help residents in everyday activities (to offers in the house, on walks, on short trips, to doctors).
– Working on the computer (Word and Excel).
– Taking care of the outdoor facilities (mowing the lawn, watering the flowers, removing weeds and rubbish).
Don Bosco Club
– Supervision in the pedagogical open area.
– Leisure activities with children and young people in our facility.
– Organizing sporting projects.
– Assistance in class and in the afternoon care.
– Help with the preparation and follow-up of lessons.
– Supporting individual students in the individual study periods between classes.
– Participation in school festivals, excursions and parents’ evenings.
– Technology and building management.
Alte Schule Widdersdorf
– Enable all children to have a healthy and balanced lunch in a situation that is as family-like as possible.
– Accompany the children in their learning tasks to deepen and consolidate the lesson content.
– Offer sport, culture and adventure experiences for the development of children personality.
– Promote good social behavior in the different groups of children
Being different projects, the accommodation will be different depending on the chosen project. However, according to the European Union, the volunteer is provided with a pocket money and a food money every month. The volunteer will have 2 days’ vacation per month that she/he can use or accumulate with other months to have a bigger vacation period.
PROFILE OF THE VOLUNTEERS
The volunteer has to be between 18 and 30 years, interested in a 12-month-service and have good knowledge of German. The projects include different types of responsibilities, but in general the association is looking for an enthusiastic volunteer and eager to help the community with which she/he will collaborate.