Bona Fides Association and Center for Community Mobilisation and Support are looking for 2 volunteers from Poland or residents in Poland to join our European Solidarity Corps project “European path of development” in Alaverdi, Armenia in order to work with young people from disadvantaged groups and also to work in social media.
To apply please fill this application form: https://forms.gle/74hFfwsju83ieHKdA and send your Curriculum Vitae to the following emails: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Location: Alaverdi, Armenia
- Deadline: As soon as possible
- Duration: 4 months
- Mobility periods: May 2023 – August 2023
The Polish volunteers will develop the following activities:
- – ESC Coordinator, mentor, CCMS’s staff and local youth will provide the volunteers a set of prep trainings about Armenian culture, traditions, relations with youth, Armenian youth problems, time, training, conflict management, communication skills, leadership etc. The volunteers will start contact with youth and social workers and prepare all tools for meetings. Here they’ll be involved in the management of information and communication tools of our NGO: social networks, publications and website.
- – the European Club in Alaverdi. The volunteers will collaborate with local children, local youth, youth workers and conduct meetings with them. Main characters in the different stages of the initiatives in the frame of this action, which promotes the research and the development of the area, the increase for the respect for the health in the light of covid pandemic, inter-cultural, inter-religious, ecological and diversity by discussions. Specifying, the volunteers will collaborate with CCMS staff and youth from specific communities on:
– creation of social campaign on social media by collecting photos and short movies of youth from the club to promote among local community tolerant attitudes
– creation and implementation of a calendar of weekly activities with Armenian youth in Alaverdi: games, group dynamics, workshops, handicrafts, theatre, dance, sports, music, etc. It’s proposed as a unique opportunity for volunteers to understand deeply certain aspects of the area.
– volunteers who are creatively-inclined or interested in physical activities contribute their time in activities involving arts and crafts, sports, exercise, dance, yoga, aerobics, and other social and/or fun activities for the community. Such activities are driven by the volunteers themselves, as they will coordinate what activity to be held, and the requirements of these activities based on conversations with the community leaders and the volunteer teachers to understand and ascertain the needs of the community.
- – Seminars on “New Normal” topic with local youth and elder people. After the Covid-19 the whole world should get used to the post-corona lifestyle and the “New Normal”. The volunteers will share their country’s and other countries’ experience of fighting against Covid-19, about the rules and restrictions in their country during Covid-19 pandemic and lock downs, effects of social isolation on mental health and how to ease it, methods of stay connected with friends and relatives, release the stress of virtual life. The volunteers and local people will share their thoughts, feelings and experiences on how they have survived the virus and what they think about vaccines and its effects on human health.
- – Rural work in “Green Camp”, where the volunteers will do workshops for the local youth from deprived communities, English language classes, discussions on different topics, exchange of experience and knowledge in non-formal ways to strengthen the intercultural communication, to get them acquainted with European values and raise awareness about ESC and youth projects and the ways for becoming a volunteer. Leisure time activities for children as handcraft, games, drawing, dances, movie/cartoon watching.
- – Volunteers will get acquainted with local rural life, the mentality, the habits and customs, they will learn how to make Armenian rural meals, how to work in the fields, how to treat domestic animals, how to host local and international guests in rural places and villages, take part in different seminars and trainings that will be held in Green Camp.
- – Office: Help the team with administrative tasks; make contacts with European partners to establish partnerships; do posters for activities, edit the social networks of CCMS, create flyers for promotion of CCMS projects, take photos of the activities, make promotional videos about CCMS, etc.
- – Logistic Support: in Summer Camps, New Year’s Eve, sports tournaments, cultural activities, intercultural evenings, picnics, festivals, training courses, youth exchanges, workcamps, and other events. It includes moving furniture, shopping, organization and transport of materials and people, cleaning, decoration, building stages, cooking, etc.
- – Planning process and implementing of European Clubs for Armenian Youth creating the plan of activities and promotion plan of EC. It aims to increase youth awareness through NE methods.
- – Organization of exhibitions, presentations and conversations with Armenian young people or future ESC volunteers to motivate young people to be more active or apply for mobility projects,Inform young people about the ESC experience as a volunteer in Armenia and also provide information about some aspects of the volunteer’ country (ex: culture, language, cultural places, etc.).
- – Leisure time activities for the young people, mainly on the period after school, dinner time and evenings: parties, games, joggings and special events/intercultural activities;
- – As being usual in these last years volunteers can plan and prepare movie about their staying in Armenia and show it during special “Bye-Bye Gala” event.
ACCOMMODATION AND OTHER ARRANGEMENTS
Travel costs will be reimbursed following the rules of European Solidarity Corps projects.
ACCOMMODATION AND WORKING PLACE:
CCMS will be responsible to provide a flat shared with other volunteers hosted in the Association, fully equipped (equipped kitchen, toilet and bathroom, WI-FI, furniture with cleaning, cooking, and washing facilities. The volunteer will have his/her own room) and located in a good position in Alaverdi town. The costs of the venue to the office and other working places will be totally covered. The volunteer will have his own working place at CCMS’ office, where he/she will be able to use tools and materials for his/her project and personal activities.
The volunteer will receive money for pocket money and money for food every month, by cash or possibly by bank transfer. Tickets for local transport will be also provided to all working venues of the region.
Volunteers will be insure in CIGNA insurance.
Check information about the project on European Solidarity Corps portal: https://youth.europa.eu/solidarity/placement/33201_en