Bona Fides Association and Association ”Georgian Youth for Europe” are looking for 2 volunteers from Poland or residents, to join our ESC project “Polish-Georgian architects to build a European bridge in our mind” in Rustavi, Georgia – in the fields of youth work, education and spreading of European values!
Location: Rustavi, Georgia
Duration: 8 months
Starting: December 2023 / January 2024
The idea for this project was born from a necessity that urges a prompt response: in the last few years the city of Rustavi has seen a growing concerning phenomena that sees young local people growing up with fewer local perspectives and with a strong wish to leave the city because of the lack of constructive and profitable activities and opportunities that might give them competencies and skills.
This is the context in which the volunteers are going to give their huge contribution. In fact, the main idea is that of offering a number of different interesting activities in which the local youngsters can find themselves involved, as participants and organizers, a room for them to develop and grow and be stimulated and encouraged to do something for their local environment and compatriots.
The project’s mission is to promote the initiatives and non-formal education activities among youngsters and kids from Rustavi. The project will extend the local youth and kids’ opportunities to realize themselves in physical and intellectual fields, actively participate in local project development and implementation, make the city of Rustavi alive and culturally attractive again for local youngsters, give new and alternative but constructive ways to spend their free time while learning, improving and gaining new useful skills and at the same time sharing their skills with other people.
TASKS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE VOLUNTEER
- – organize workshops and seminars in the frames of national and international issues
- – create attractive promotions \ adverts of the workshops \ seminars and spread it on- and offline
- – organize and participate in several camps, language clubs, seminars and activities that touch many different topics, according to the interests of participants
- – organize activities based on the principles of the skills and experiences sharing and of the non-formal education, to offer the chance to local youngsters to enrich their perspective and widen their horizons
- – cooperate with the hosting organization in the implementation of international projects, administration and IT tasks.
– Education and training
– European identity and values
We are looking for two volunteers who identify with the project description and are willing to enrich our team, according to this:
- – Open, friendly and interested in communicating and working with kids and youngsters
- – Full of creativity and imagination, you will have many opportunities to put your ideas into practice
- – Open-minded, ready to work in an international environment, respectful and interested in the local culture
- – Only for Polish citizens between 18 and 30 years old
ACCOMMODATION AND OTHER ARRANGEMENTS
Volunteers share a flat with other volunteers situated in a housing estate – about 5-10 minutes walking distance from the town centre. Flat has a good condition for living. There is a kitchen in the volunteers’ apartment where they can prepare meals. Shops and restaurants are close-by (a 2-5-minute walk).
Volunteers will receive monthly pocket money and a food allowance.
There will also be a Georgian language course for volunteers, held by a professional teacher.
The European Solidarity Corps (ESC) is a part of the European Program called Erasmus+.
Erasmus+ is open to all young people, and it is a program created by the European Union for mobility inside and outside EU borders, to promote non-formal education and intercultural dialogue, and to support all kind of youngsters regardless of their level of education, of their origins and their cultural background.
To apply please fill this application form: https://forms.gle/74hFfwsju83ieHKdA and send your CV and a motivation letter (in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please, write in the title ”ESC 1 in Rustavi, Georgia”
Hosting organisation FB: https://www.facebook.com/GeorgianYouthForEurope/