Bona Fides Association and Smokinya Foundation are looking for 2 Polish volunteers or residents in Poland to join their European Voluntary Service project in Sofia, Bulgaria. To apply please fill the application form and confirm your application by sending an email to the following: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com . Please, write in the title ”EVS in Sofia. Smokinya Foundation – application”
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Duration: 11 months
Start: 06/2019 – 31/05/2020
Application Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSebmTcWhhOJpjK_25SwNEEwe56WCuKX6vzp8_aSIBg7QkQFXw/viewform
Smokinya foundation is non-profit organisation based in Sofia, Bulgaria. We create opportunities and provide space for people to learn, contribute and grow by participation, volunteering and project leadership. Smokinya Foundation realizes its vision and values through youth work.
What do you do?
- support our everyday work in the office (development of activities, projects, event)
- AllMountain bike shop: learn, practice, gain skills in repair, sales, customer service and more
- Complimentary activity: 9 monthly events to organise (plan, prepare, promote, manage, facilitate, budgeting and more) and practice essential contemporary skills and competences
What do you get?
- be introduced to the organisation and will be trained how we work
- get valuable experience in living and volunteering abroad
- learn each different aspect of an organisation and how it works
- contact and connect with other international volunteers
- learn about, contact and cooperate with local schools and universities
- support our administrative work (we call it FUN-dministration!)
- get trained in organising an event and organise your own
By helping us and doing all above you will practice important skills and competences like:
- networking and support of local NGOs
- organisation of events – workshops, trainings, seminars, public events, discussions
- meeting local youth and promotion of mobility opportunities in EU
- informal language classes to local youth
- promotion of volunteering (Erasmus+ and Smokinya)
- promotion of non-formal education, lifelong learning
- media project (social networks, webpage, blog writing, visits in schools, universities, youth centres and organisations)
- project management and coordination
- project design and writing
- problem solving
- critical thinking
- strategical planning and more!
You will be supervised and mentored in a way to set your own goals and learn, practice, develop and master some important life skills and competencies like: team work, cooperation, learning to learn, time management, communication and coaching skills, project initiation from A to Z and much more!
We want to train you in the things you are passionate about so you can learn much and grow personally and professionally.
You will also have time for language lessons twice a week.
Profile of participants
- 20-30 years old
- in transition between two educational levels or career paths
During this year they will be full-time volunteers having a schedule of 35 hours per week.
Days off – volunteers get two consecutive free days per week + two extra days of holiday per month. In case that volunteer is working extra hours, they have right to get these hours compensated.
COST AND FEES
This project is funded by Erasmus+ programme: accommodation, food, materials, the programme and the travel costs up to the maximum allowed amount are fully covered.
Pocket Money: 120€/month. Food Allowance: 125€/month
Maximum travel reimbursement: 275 EUR per person per country (for countries within 500-1999 km)
Fully covered by the programme costs, equipped with all the basics of a household. Be ready to share a room with another.
Designed to provide coverage to when you need it most, in case of urgent situations such as accidents, and always as complementary to the coverage provided by your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
Monthly Travel Pass
Valid for the public transport of Sofia (night buses not included). In case of a work trip, all your costs will be covered.