Bona Fides Association and Azienda Servizi Sociali di Bolzano are looking for candidates from Poland to take part in ESC project based on animation in elderly house in Bolzano, Italy!
Place: Bolzano, Italy
Start: November / December 2023
Duration: 8-10 months
Some words about Bolzano. Bolzano-Bozen is an autonomous province situated in North Italy with having its borders to Austria and Switzerland. Together with Trento, it makes up the region of Trentino Alto Adige/Sudtirol one of the five autonomous regions in Italy. Bolzano happens to be a unique example of cohabitation with hosting Austro-Hungarian origined inhabitants as majority of its population who speak an AustroBavarian dialect of German, about a quarter of the province is Italian speaking and a small minority speaks Ladin as mother tongue, while both Italian and German are the official languages of BolzanoBozen.
As a result of sheltering a multilingual and multicultural population, Bolzano happens to be one of the most important examples of ‘coexistence atmosphere’ in the territory of Italy. The province in total has more than 500.000 inhabitants and hosts the Free University of Bozen which makes it easier to find free time activities compared to the rest of the smaller Italian cities. Bolzano is also blessed with the luck of being situated among the Alps and the Dolomites which were declared as world heritage by UNESCO in 2009. The town of Bolzano is in easy commute to Trento, where lnCo is :-), in about 40 minutes by train and in about 1,5 hours to Innsbruck, Austria.
Volunteers will collaborate with the staff of nursing homes mainly with recreational and entertainment activities planned for the elderly. In particular volunteers will be involved in the following activities:
– support of the educators in the activities of assistance, care and rehabilitation,
– organizing recreational activities,
– talking and reading with the residents,
– participating excursions of one or more days,
– making purchases (e.g. food, medicine for the guests),
– accompanying the elderly with walking difficulties,
– participating in evaluation meetings,
– planning certain matters with the educators and social workers etc.
Additionally, volunteers will have the opportunity to be involved in parallel activities together with other volunteers hosted in other receiving organizations coordinated by lnCo. The topic of the parallel activities will change according to the project (Making games, organising events, exhibitions, etc).
– You will receive a monthly amount of money to sustain food expenses. You will get free accommodation for the whole duration of your voluntary service.
– You will live in a single or double room with shared bathroom, laundry facilities and a fully equipped kitchen with cooking facilities. You will share the apartment with other volunteers, NEVER WITH THE ELDERLY.
– The room is in the last floor of the nursing home “Villa Serena”, totally separated from the floors where the elderly are hosted, situated really close to the city center and the Talvera river.
– During working days, you will eat your lunch in the canteen of the elderly home/handicapped centre where you work together with the staff.
– The other meals and during the weekends (or free days if you decide to stay in Balzano), you have the possibility to eat in the canteen of the nursing home where you live. In any case you will receive a food allowance to cover the expenses linked to meal for dinner, holidays and weekend.
DOWNLOAD THE INFOPACK:
To apply please forward your CV and a motivation letter (in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with a title: ‘ESC in Bolzano, Italy’.