Bona Fides Association and Associazione InCo – Interculturalità & Comunicazione are looking for a candidate from Poland for a 5 months project working in a high school in Mantua, Italy!
Place: Mantua (Mantova), Italy
Mobility: January 2024 – May 2024
Duration: 5 months
Mantua (Mantova) is a city and commune in Lombardy, Italy, and capital of the province of the same name. In 2016, Mantua was designated as the Italian Capital of Culture. In 2017, it was named as the European Capital of Gastronomy, included in the Eastern Lombardy District(together with the cities of Bergamo, Brescia, and Cremona). In 2008, Mantua’s centro storico (old town) and Sabbioneta were declared by UNESCO to be a World Heritage Site. Mantua’s historic power and influence under the Gonzaga family has made it one of the main artistic, cultural, and especially musical hubs of Northern Italy and the country as a whole. Having one of the most splendid courts of Europe of the fifteenth, sixteenth, and early seventeenth centuries. Mantua is noted for its significant role in the history of opera; the city is also known for its architectural treasures and artifacts, elegant palaces, and the medieval and Renaissance cityscape. It is the city where the composer Monteverdi premiered his opera L’Orfeo and to where Romeo was banished in Shakespeare’s play Romeo and Juliet. It is the nearest town to the birthplace of the Roman poet Virgil, who is commemorated by a statue at the lakeside park “Piazza Virgiliana”.
ABOUT HOST ORGANIZATION
The Andrea Mantegna Institute is a very active school in various areas and tries to encourage its students to be active and interested, not only by passively experiencing the activities that are proposed to them. The teachers of the institute wage a daily battle against early school leaving in a continuous search for an appropriate educational offer to tackle the problem. The Mantegna Institute has been active for many years in participating in many European projects. Actively promotes orientation courses for fourth and fifth grade students, including the possibility for young people, in addition to the university, to the various job opportunities and how to actively search for work, also on the possibility of embarking on volunteer paths abroad through the European Solidarity Corps. In addition, language teachers involve students in activities, including extracurricular, in order to deepen foreign languages and cultures.
Volunteers have the opportunity to:
– Help and support during English classes.
– A wide range of activities can be offered at the school, depending on your interests and previous experience (e.g. culture, sports, education, cinema).
– Volunteers who will be involved in the project of the A. Mantegna Institute will have the opportunity to meet with teachers operating in different areas, who have been doing this job for many years, who have proven experience with young people and who are aware of how important it is also the motivational aspect in carrying out its activities and tasks.
• Good knowledge of English (extra other knowledge of languages like Spanish, French or German are also welcome);
• Special attention and sensitivity to social and educational issues;
•Personality: volunteers should demonstrate social and communication skills appropriate for teamwork and multicultural contexts;
• Experience and skills: a wide range of activities can be offered at the school to be carried out with the students, so volunteers may have different educational backgrounds and experiences (cultural, sports, psychology, social work etc.);
• Motivation: volunteers must be motivated towards the project and its topics;
• Multicultural orientation: the diversity of people with whom volunteers come into contact is a fundamental aspect of the projects.
FOOD & ACCOMMODATION
You will get free accommodation for the whole duration of your voluntary service.
The volunteers will live inside a flat with single or shared room near the city.
The volunteers receive food allowance.
Pocket money, according to the ESC guide standards in Italy are 180 euro per months (6 euro per day).
If you are interested in joining us, please send your CV and a motivation letter in English (with a title: “ESC in Mantua, Italy”) to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
DOWNLOAD THE INFOPACK